PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshall Newhouse appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had his best game at RT...it was his only game at RT
D-Odqq-haPmKEi_sgDB6vqR-u1JsOWPDsobC6Unskkg.jpg

No but really, he was alright. He’s a better run blocker than pass blocker that’s for sure.

Exactly but Cannon hasn't exactly set the world on fire himself this year
Seems like Cannon sucks every other year or so. He’s either great or injured half the games and bad.

He was decent enough today. But this thread could age horribly if Cannon remains out. I mean...its Newhouse.
Yea, scary what happens when a team knows he will be in there and can gameplay to exploit him

It was what they said on the game telecast... no idea how bad/serious it is... I'm sure BB will give us more insight into the nature of the injury on Wednesday

I mean hey maybe he’s better at RT.

Zuma,

I think his performance tonight shouldn't be overlooked. He replaced Cannon and gave up a pressure on his first snap, but afterwards, I didn't notice him, which for a tackle is a really good thing and Tom had time to throw when he was in there as well.

He had his best game at RT...it was his only game at RT

He was decent enough today. But this thread could age horribly if Cannon remains out. I mean...its Newhouse.
Cannon might be the disaster. Get the feeling he won't be at NE in 2020 his end is near

I've always liked him.

FOXBOROUGH — What’s it like to switch sides as an offensive tackle? “It’s like wiping with the other hand,’’ new Patriot Marshall Newhouse said Monday.

GettyImages-1174868601.jpg

The starting LT gets injured and a guy (Newhouse) far down the list of 'known good OLmen' comes in and plays well enough, averting what could have been a pass protection disaster for a team struggling in the passing game, so why not give him his own thread to mock him.
Huh -- check please.

The starting LT gets injured and a guy (Newhouse) far down the list of 'known good OLmen' comes in and plays well enough, averting what could have been a pass protection disaster for a team struggling in the passing game, so why not give him his own thread to mock him.
Huh -- check please.

He played very well today at RT. He is never to play LT again. He should not even look in that direction. The word Left should be taken from his vocabulary. He must wear a right shoe on his left foot. When driving he should refrain from taking left turns. He shall never indulge in leftovers ever again.

Last edited:
He did quite well today. I was terrified when he came in but he held up!

Good job today Newhouse, thanks for helping the Pats win the division!

Actually saw at least one great play from him in the run game as well. Which is significant, because I’m not football-sophisticated enough to regularly notice great o-line play.

He walked off. IIRC he was on the bench later on, initially questionable to return then much later unlikely to return. Wonder if the likelihood of his return went down as Newhouse showed he was able to do the job. I’d expect he will be out next week, able to go in the playoffs. But that’s an uninformed guess.

Newhouse played great have a feeling this maybe Cannons last year.
Hopefully the Rook makes a contribution next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes