PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning called Brady to get ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's sloppy reasoning. This is a team game. Brady actualy had very little to do with getting the the SB in 2001. Defense, special teams and a guest appearance by Bledsoe got the Pats there.
In 2002 Brady struggled. Then in the next two years he played as well as probably anyone has played the position.
It's silly to get into hypotheticals but if Peyton had a defense like the Pats had in those years it is reasonable to think he would have had more success.
That said, I think Peyton's success this year had a lot to do with him taking what the defense gave him, hitting the otherneath stuff and sustaining drives, rather than looking or the quickstrike. But it can't be ignored that the Indy D actually played better than they ever have this playoffs.

Unreal. I'm speechless at this. And the Bledsoe line was way over the top.

Brady was clutch that year. The drives against the Raiders and Rams were things of beauty. Not to mention the fact that he hit Brown with a 25 yard gain on the play on which he was injured.

God, I just want Manning to win for once, since we can't do it this year, just get this guy off the front pages, put it to rest. He's a great QB, no doubt. I cannot stand the way his ol' man has injected himself into the boys' careers, but that's what dad's do sometimes. Just get it over with. Let him win and he can go back to losing to us in the clutch. If he wins this year it will be all the sweeter to beat him back down to size next year.
//

If he wins, it will just get worse.

Brady is classier and more successful, yet he's the most hated player in the league barring TO.

That's hogwash and you know it.
People may dislike BB and Rodney Harrison and some others but I've never heard a bad word spoken about Brady, more than that of bitter envy. (I don't include those in the Boston sports media who debated whether they should have kept Bledsoe). Most hated player in the league besides TO? Please. Some of you really take this 'us against the world thing" far too literal and waaay too serious.

I don't like Archie and the way he handled the draft with Eli was a disgrace. But I don't see why Peyton should be condemned for that. He's the media darling but again hard to fault him for it. No matter what you have to admit he is a Hall of Fame QB, ring or no ring.

There will always be debates about who is the better QB, option A or B, whether it is Manning & Brady, Elway & Marino, Bradshaw & Staubach. That is just watercooler talk. Fault Manning all you want for not winning but he has also never had anything resembling a championship caliber defense. Somehow in the playoffs this year the Colts D finally started playing well enough after a horrible regular season.

Check out JetsInsider.net if you don't believe me. Ask them what they think of Cindy Brady. The level of hatred is almost scary.

Maybe you saw some of the Chargers trolls on here with their, "BRADY SUXS, BRADY IS GAY LOLZLOLZZZ" garbage. Somehow I doubt you'll hear from stadiums around the league "Manning sucks!" chants. Deny it all you want, I've seen it first hand. They hate Brady because he's the best QB and he's banging the likes of Gisele Bündchen when he goes home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back