PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mandatory Mini Camp Practice- 6/16

I feel like Bedard is the guy they roll out in Flint Michigan to tell the town the contaminated water was safe.
Or Trump brings in stage to say we need a wall and that the Virus is fake news.
Also this there is no global warming.

dgkhi6yw0aaq3f1.jpg

At the end of the day though, I still hold Reiss at the top as far as actual news.
When Reiss says it, you can pretty much take it to the bank that it is true. That being said, he doesn't speculate much, and is very cautious with breaking any news, so he rarely is the first to report something new, as opposed to confirming or refuting a report that's already out there. He's the best at being right, though, which we all ought to value more than being first.

When Reiss says it, you can pretty much take it to the bank that it is true. That being said, he doesn't speculate much, and is very cautious with breaking any news, so he rarely is the first to report something new, as opposed to confirming or refuting a report that's already out there. He's the best at being right, though, which we all ought to value more than being first.

The trade-off with Reiss being that he'll never criticize Bill when criticism is warranted.

I like listening to Bedard’s podcasts but I have always thought of him as more of a “radio host” type guy/fellow fan than an actual “insider”. He seems to have sources every once in a while but other times he’s full of it so I keep that in mind, but I do like hearing what he’s got to say beyond that. As others have said, he has good ideas.

Also agree with others that Curran is pretty good now too, his podcasts with Phil Perry are definitely enjoyable. At the end of the day though, I still hold Reiss at the top as far as actual news.
I'm hooked on the Curran/Perry podcasts as well.

Bedard knows his stuff. People here are just butt hurt as hell because of what he was saying during Deflategate and also because he is more open to being critical of the team and Bill. Before that people would post threads weekly to talk about his analysis from his appearances on Felger & Mazz.

The people here claiming he is an idiot and doesn’t know what he is talking about are full of ****.

Bedard knows his stuff. People here are just butt hurt as hell because of what he was saying during Deflategate and also because he is more open to being critical of the team and Bill. Before that people would post threads weekly to talk about his analysis from his appearances on Felger & Mazz.

The people here claiming he is an idiot and doesn’t know what he is talking about are full of ****.
Rubbish. His player analysis before, during and after DFG is crap.

I'm hooked on the Curran/Perry podcasts as well.
They're really good!! Perry's standalone "Next Pats" podcast isn't half bad either. I mostly pay attention to those two, Bedard's, and occasionally catch stuff from Evan Lazar on Youtube.

The problem I always had with Bedard was that, early on when he was becoming a more known name on this board, he was used as this weird trump card for arguments that never made any sense to me. As though saying, "Well, Bedard saw the same thing as me" was this irrefutable thing, like they just dropped the mic. His analysis is fine, as fine as anyone's who puts the time into really watching things. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he's wrong, sometimes he brings his own biases in or maybe goes for the "interesting" point instead of the most factual one (he needs to keep people entertained after all). But the obsession with his analysis reached a level at one point that wasn't earned, IMO.

Haven’t seen anything else on Twitter, no updates.

Bedard brings up thought-provoking points but I don't believe 80% of the crap he slings.

Whereas w/ guys like Reiss, Howe, Curran and Perry their "believe-ability" index is much hire than his.
I find Bedard far more believable than Curran.

Ugh Disapponting Jones and Stidham aren’t rising up.
I like Cam the person and Cam the player on the Panthers.
Cam the player on the Patriots made me make more trips to the spirits store.

Stidham is largely irrelevant unless the team decides that Cam's got to go, and Jones is going to be inconsistent, because he's a rookie. The next rookie who never has a down day will be the first rookie who never had a down day.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back