PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malik Magic? Cunningham Gets QB Reps at New England Patriots Practice While Mac Jones Watches - Pats Tracker

This would be the better/more productive tank strategy as the qb musical chairs approach with one qb who is officially broken and another unlikely to be considerably better wont teach us that much.

Try a new approach on offense with Malik. Might as well experiment , it honestly cant get worse than what the offense has provided outside of the buffalo and philly games

Now I'm interested - thank you.

I would be shocked to see Malik Cunningham start next Sunday... But I wouldn't be disappointed. At least it would show that the coaching staff is still trying to find different ways to win. Let's face it Mac is COOKED in New England. Mac circa 2023 is even worse than Bledsoe in his waning 'leadfoot' days. And at least Bledsoe still always had that cannon arm regardless of his other faults. He was bigger, stronger, and tougher than Mac Jones ever was.

I would be shocked to see Malik Cunningham start next Sunday... But I wouldn't be disappointed. At least it would show that the coaching staff is still trying to find different ways to win. Let's face it Mac is COOKED in New England. Mac circa 2023 is even worse than Bledsoe in his waning 'leadfoot' days. And at least Bledsoe still always had that cannon arm regardless of his other faults. He was bigger, stronger, and tougher than Mac Jones ever was.
download.jpg

Very much doubt Cunningham would start, supposedly he has not practiced at QB in several weeks. However, the fact that he is now practicing at QB, and as the second man up, shows maybe he gets some chances on Sunday and if it looks OK he could get more action that eventually leads to a start.

Wonder if Kraft finally gave Bill the OK to pull the plug on Mac. If Bill suddenly starts getting wins with Zappe and Cunningham I think that might vindicate Bill.

Very much doubt Cunningham would start, supposedly he has not practiced at QB in several weeks. However, the fact that he is now practicing at QB, and as the second man up, shows maybe he gets some chances on Sunday and if it looks OK he could get more action that eventually leads to a start.

Wonder if Kraft finally gave Bill the OK to pull the plug on Mac. If Bill suddenly starts getting wins with Zappe and Cunningham I think that might vindicate Bill.
Why are some of you so sure RK's making BB start Mac? Goes against everything that has happened over the last 20 years.

Why are some of you so sure RK's making BB start Mac? Goes against everything that has happened over the last 20 years.
And that approach pissed off Tuna. Can't imagine Bill would appreciate it either.

Great game to start a jag at QB.

McCorkle needs a reset. He can do that preferably for some other team.
College Football Sport GIF by Louisville Cardinals

With any luck, by the second half of the next game, Malik is trotting out and playing qb.

If Kraft forced Belichick to start Mac, why would Kraft allow Belichick to bench Mac four times this year in games? Makes absolutely no sense. If Kraft forced Belichick to play Mac, he would have forbidden Belichick from benching him.

I can see them playing Cunningham since it is clear they don’t trust Zappe and have now given up on Jones. What else do they have left?

Because people still hate the idea that Belichick has been a dogshit evaluator and coach for awhile now and need to make up stories so they can reach a conclusion of "we still have the best coach in the league and once this one obstacle gets out of his way, we can return back to glory". That's obviously not happening.

99% probability that Cunningham isn’t a good NFL QB but the other two guys have proven they’re not, so give it a whirl

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back