PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let’s say it’s weed. I’ll say again, CJ was caught nude out of his mind high off weed in a police station parking lot and still played snaps in a playoff game. If he got zero snaps in the SB because of weed is absolute garbage.

CJ wasn't naked and that wasn't weed. Your point still stands.

Ok let’s say it’s weed. I’ll say again, CJ was caught nude out of his mind high off weed in a police station parking lot and still played snaps in a playoff game. If he got zero snaps in the SB because of weed is absolute garbage.
It wasn't even weed, which is a safe and well known drug. It was some synthetic crap marketed as weed. That stuff is totally unsafe and not well studied.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
IF ( Huge IF) Butler was caught with weed, I don't know what to think. Does that deserve a benching? Limited snaps? It's hard to judge.

No. Not in the Super Bowl. Chandler Jones smoked synthetic MJ and showed up at a police precinct blitzed out of his mind and did not get benched for a full game, much less the most important game of the year.

It wasn't even weed, which is a safe and well known drug. It was some synthetic crap marketed as weed. That stuff is totally unsafe and not well studied.

That makes it even worse imo

In the SB, you're punishing the entire team.........he's gone after the game anyway.....benching him ONLY served to weaken the team as a whole

Chandler Jones staggered into a police station in his underwear.......still played

Browner says Belichick plays favorites, so maybe this is some sort of personal issue with Malcolm that he didn’t have with Jones.

With all of these rumors about Butler's behavior, perhaps Belichick thought he would get a repeat of Asante Samuel in 2007? No need to bring up the specifics, but I remember Jonathan Kraft going way outside of his typical zone and basically saying that Samuel was the reason the Patriots lost SB42. Samuel was also thought to be disgruntled and playing his last game in a Pats uniform. I'm wondering if Belichick just lost all his faith in Butler but kept him on the sidelines in case of injury, in which case he would have no choice but to roll the dice.

That still doesn't give a good reason for not putting Butler in after watching that abomination of a defense all game, but it could explain why he was active. Basically he was still eligible to play in Belichick's eyes, but only in an emergency situation.

No way brady would have been as great elsewhere. No way. Let’s not gloss over his slow starts in these super bowls as if they have no effect whatsoever.

Numerous dropped ints, balls behind guys, late, etc. he never seems ready to play, which is odd and becoming annoying. His brilliance in second halves, minus sb 42 and 46, have been incredible, but it is a 60 min game.

I sometimes wonder if we're watching the same game.

Brady lead them all the way downfield into the red zone.

Then they ran the ball 3 straight times. Drive stalled. Missed FG.

Brady was ready.

With all of these rumors about Butler's behavior, perhaps Belichick thought he would get a repeat of Asante Samuel in 2007? No need to bring up the specifics, but I remember Jonathan Kraft going way outside of his typical zone and basically saying that Samuel was the reason the Patriots lost SB42. Samuel was also thought to be disgruntled and playing his last game in a Pats uniform. I'm wondering if Belichick just lost all his faith in Butler but kept him on the sidelines in case of injury, in which case he would have no choice but to roll the dice.

That still doesn't give a good reason for not putting Butler in after watching that abomination of a defense all game, but it could explain why he was active. Basically he was still eligible to play in Belichick's eyes, but only in an emergency situation.

Only in an emergency situation lol. I’d say the state of the defense was nuclear, way beyond emergency status.

that is silly. sure it could be discipline and he get one lousy snap on ST.. over your two thoughts? of course it was discipline.

Again, then Bill has lost his mind power-tripping. You don't forfeit a Super Bowl in order to discipline one player, unless that player has committed some egregious crime. And it obviously wasn't egregious, considering Butler was let on the field on special teams.

What about butler’s behavior? Hmmm...seems kind of odd for him to be absolved here if he quietly was a prob,emp

Obviously he had to of done something. Belichick did not throw the game, that’s utter nonsense. What happened is like I said, he’s been getting drunk

Or late on curfew. As a coach, bill won’t take that and you’ll be benched . Super bowl or not. If you make a compromise, you make another and another until team rules are meaningless.

abyss.gif

Don't go the Butler vs Jones angle because no-one knows enough.

Jones could have come in apologized profusely to Kraft, Belichick, teammates and coaches and did his job the rest of the week in practice.

Butler may not have apologized and went on being pissy about it and half assed it in practice

Also don't forget about the report of Butler being treated for flu-like symptoms Sunday night.. For some reason when I read that just something didn't sit right.

Obviously he had to of done something. Belichick did not throw the game, that’s utter nonsense. What happened is like I said, he’s been getting drunk

Or late on curfew. As a coach, bill won’t take that and you’ll be benched . Super bowl or not. If you make a compromise, you make another and another until team rules are meaningless.
Right, it may have been several rules he broke and was on his third strike, maybe it was so egregious it was warranted, we don't know but shouldn't MB get some blame?

Hearing Butler put pineapple on his pizza, was the last straw.

Browner says Belichick plays favorites, so maybe this is some sort of personal issue with Malcolm that he didn’t have with Jones.

and not exactly putting the team in the best position to win

but that's not putting the team in the best position to win like BB says

I sometimes wonder if we're watching the same game.

Brady lead them all the way downfield into the red zone.

Then they ran the ball 3 straight times. Drive stalled. Missed FG.

Brady was ready.

Brady runs the offense and chooses between 2 plays. It is on mcd and brady, and red zone offense was an issue all year. Slow start and weak red zone play is not good.

I watch the games and see problem patterns, so yeah, the, scoring a td in the 1st qtr for once, would have been nice. Said that going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes