PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some context. Butler was sick and away from Foxboro the whole week 1.
Week 1 is when majority of the game plan is installed.
BB has certain principles that are not too difficult to understand..

Well considering nothing was working he could have put him in at anytime.

Well done.

Malcom, Class on and off the field. Will never forget everything he's done for us. I will certainly miss him. Would of loved to seen him back.

For some context. Butler was sick and away from Foxboro the whole week 1.
Week 1 is when majority of the game plan is installed.
BB has certain principles that are not too difficult to understand..

It is also not too much to expect a coach to explain his reasoning to the player.
Or to change his mind and play the guy when the replacement sucked.

This is a simple case of BB being a hard-ass to the determent of the team and player.

Imagine if your boss changed your assignment to something that made no sense one day, didn't explain why, the outcome failed, and still didn't explain to you while everyone else in the company is asking you what you did wrong.

We signed a guy who **** on his team doctor and just joined the team mid-week, and still played him that weekend. I think Butler missing a few practicing but still knowing the system and having played all season trumps that player's exposure & issues.

There have been so many times when the Pats D has played like ass the better part of the game and then lights out the last 20 minutes or so. Maybe BB thought it would happen that night. But they could never get the crucial stops. All I know about Butler was he was a playmaker - burn him and he would turn around with a huge play on the next set of downs. Playmakers on defense are always a good thing to have.

class act

I did like the comments about bringing in a rookie for the last play of the Super Bowl. That worked. benching someone who was sick and not involved in practice might have worked also.

Classy as hell. Salute to Malcom.

To those still searching for answers or a "smoking gun", there's none to be had.

Butler was sick, Belichick thought his play would suffer and stubbornly refused to give him a shot in the biggest game of the year with a title on the line, even though his secondary was getting torched in horrific fashion, and instead thought Bademosi was a better matchup for reasons only Bill and god knows.

I am starting to believe it was a football decision keeping Butler out and it's mind boggling

It does boggle the mind. I really wish we knew BB's reason.

Classy as hell. Salute to Malcom.

To those still searching for answers or a "smoking gun", there's none to be had.

Butler was sick, Belichick thought his play would suffer and stubbornly refused to give him a shot in the biggest game of the year with a title on the line, even though his secondary was getting torched in horrific fashion, and instead thought Bademosi was a better matchup for reasons only Bill and god knows.

Bademosi and Jordan Richards were both atrocious. 50% of Butler would be better than those 2 asshats

Bademosi and Jordan Richards were both atrocious. 50% of Butler would be better than those 2 asshats
From your lips to Bill's ear.

Unfortunately nothing that can be done now except stew about a completely winnable Super Bowl that ended up an L due to poor coaching and game planning.

Sucks that it wasted one of Brady's all-time greatest performances too.

From your lips to Bill's ear.

Unfortunately nothing that can be done now except stew about a completely winnable Super Bowl that ended up an L due to poor coaching and game planning.

Sucks that it wasted one of Brady's all-time greatest performances too.

Not only did it waste an epic performance by TB but in the grander scheme I think it squandered his chance at getting 6 titles. With the people we're losing on this team right now I don't see us getting another SB win in TB's time

I miss Malcolm already!

It's hard to swallow but in BBs mind he made a determination that based on the illness/missed practice Butler was not his best option. Then in his mind it's next man up and he feels he has coached all 53 to be ready for anything and he can live with what happened more than he could if he went against his judgement and played Butler and Butler screwed up. This time he was wrong but he's had plenty of odd personell choices through the years that have been right. Time to move on.

So it was a match-up decision... and it failed absolutely miserably. So long, Butler. You were a class act. Good luck with the Tits (unless, of course, you're playing the Pats).

Miguel with even firmer numbers: by my count, Butler will have gotten less than if he'd signed the deal with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back