PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither do I. You don't bench a guy for the Super Bowl (and in many minds, including my own, lose because of it) then offer him big money. I call a big BS.
This was last year. Supposedly.

yyyeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh.................................no

I'm skeptical... But either way, no way in hell If I'm butler do I even consider staying here after that embarrassing inexcusable benching in the SB.

Patriots PR damage control

When is the last time the Pats gave out a 5 year or 6 year contract.

Good for Butler. Not playing Butler lost the Superbowl , and now a bunch of quality players have left. Brady's window is closing.

Brady is still going to play and play well I think. But his window to winning another SB got slammed closed 6 weeks ago. Too many people leaving this year. We'll always make the playoffs with TB at the helm but no more SB wins IMHO.

I believed the 7 per story but this ones not really credible

We lost a realistic chance of signing Butler when we kicked the can with the tender and he watched us sign Gilmore and pay him. We slammed the door completely shut with the benching in the Super Bowl.

I am starting to believe it was a football decision keeping Butler out and it's mind boggling

Sounds about right. Well done, Malcolm.
I hope Reiss and the mediots can sleep better now.

Very classy answer. He could have very easily (and possibly justifiably, too) burned bridges but chose not to. If that is really what happened, I still can't fathom why bringing Butler in as a 2nd half adjustment wasn't done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back