PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know any such thing.

We have multiple beat guys independently confirming that there was a curfew issue and that he had a visitor in a restricted area.

We have multiple beat guys saying he was often frustrating to coach and required extra work so he would participate in the Patriots program the way BB & co wanted.

We even have that vague Reiss article from camp that was so head scratching back then but starts to mesh with things other writers are putting out now.

Those are all things he essentially denies in this post. I will go with the beat guys who got to know him over those 3-4 years and not the scorned CB who is heading on a wave of controversy into free agency.

The GOAT seems to be siding with/supporting Butler. Interesting.

That's crazy. Brady forces BB's hand and now backs a selfish player? WTF?

Terrible move by Brady if true.

if it comes out with proof that malcolm was lying with his post, that would hurt even more possibly
I sure hope not.

We have multiple beat guys independently confirming that there was a curfew issue and that he had a visitor in a restricted area.

We have multiple beat guys saying he was often frustrating to coach and required extra work so he would participate in the Patriots program the way BB & co wanted.

We even have that vague Reiss article from camp that was so head scratching back then but starts to mesh with things other writers are putting out now.

Those are all things he essentially denies in this post. I will go with the beat guys who got to know him over those 3-4 years and not the scorned CB who is heading on a wave of controversy into free agency.

Absolutely. Even BB saying it was not disciplinary, was his way of protecting Butler's FA status.

Butler crying made this the spectacle it is.

How about going with BB who said it wasn't a disciplinary decision

You can both say BB made the right call, while also denying BILLS OWN WORDS.

What bill says jives with what butler said.

Also liked by Phillip Dorsett, Elandon Roberts, Harvey Langi, Cody Hollister, Vincent Valentine, Martellus Bennett, Marcus Cannon, Jacoby Brissett, Justin Coleman, LeGarrette Blount, Brandon Browner, Jamie Collins and Rob Ninkovich

Poor Cody Hollister. He seems like the most expendable one on this list to be randomly cut out of spite. :D

How about going with BB who said it wasn't a disciplinary decision

You can both say BB made the right call, while also denying BILLS OWN WORDS.

What bill says jives with what butler said.

BB cleary "lied" to protect Butler's pending FA status. Do you honestly believe wanted this to happen?

That's crazy. Brady forces BB's hand and now backs a selfish player? WTF?

Terrible move by Brady if true.
Haha what about the rest of team liking the post? Everyone is selfish expect for BB right?

brady liked the butler post
saw that. The post really only was a big thank you to the team, teammates, coach Belichick etc. He did say all the rumors were false but none of those rumors come from Belichick. Brady liking it is no big deal.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
I missed that one. What did Mike say?

Poor Cody Hollister. He seems like the most expendable one on this list to be randomly cut out of spite. :D
Bill: I GOT ONE HOLLISTER, WHY DO I NEED 2?

I know and just after he was signed to a futures deal.

I agree, He should have tanya harding the **** out of every player bill tried to put in ahead of him
Gotta wonder what Bill would done.

Play Malcolm or have Lawrence Guy at slot CB?

And, just like that, about 98% of this thread became moot.
Very nice by Butler ...

Still does not explain his performance in the Titans and Jaguars games which was horrible.

Holy smoke. Um... This is going to make that meeting over the tension all the more awkward now. I'm shocked Tom went on and co-signed Malcolm's version of the events over the head of his coach. He must be absolutely livid with Bill to do that.

@Ross12 to reply to your final response before locking the other thread:

Damn straight. ;)

Others refuse to believe the words out of Butler’s mouth

“ they lost faith in me”

-Malcolm Butler

In his ability because of bad practices. Doesn't mean anything other than Belichick made a decision that he felt someone else would be better suited on the field. Still trying to assign blame to Butler for anything more than poor practice is pulling the wool over your eyes and refusing to acknowledge what actually happened. Our Coach made a decision he felt was best and in the end it wasn't good enough.

Brady also liked Butlers post. Are we about to call Brady Full of **** now too since people seem to be bending over backwards to do anything to absolve Bill for a poor plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes