PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler arrested for DUI at 3am in N Providence

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Upsetting news regarding the former Patriot.

Butler was charged with driving under the influence of liquor and refusal to submit to a chemical test, North Providence Police Chief Alfredo Ruggiero Jr., said Tuesday.​
Butler drew attention from a North Providence officer at 3:22 a.m. on Saturday while he was at the wheel of a white Mercedes-Benz that was stopped and blocking westbound traffic on Mineral Spring Avenue, Ruggiero said.​
Butler was cited with parking or stopping in a prohibited area.​
The Mercedes-Benz, which had a Rhode Island license plate, is registered to Butler, Ruggiero said.​
Butler told the officer he had been at a recording studio in Providence where he was making music, he said.​

Aw, Scraps... painful to recall at one time yours was one of the great feel good stories of sports. Now it all just induces another rueful shake of the head.

It is all clear now. Bill Belichick found out about this in his time machine and realized that the Super Bowl was his final chance to punish him

Aw, Scraps... painful to recall at one time yours was one of the great feel good stories of sports. Now it all just induces another rueful shake of the head.
Well, it's a DUI, which is bad, but I think we can still feel good about the interception. I do hope he doesn't spiral though

How long till somebody says that's why he got benched?

How long till somebody says that's why he got benched?
Or blames him resorting to alcohol abuse as a consequence of the trauma, emotional damage, mainstream coverage, etc from being benched

I've seen a recording studio or two and I tend to believe he was indeed coming from one. And alcohol wasn't the only thing in his system.

Well, it's a DUI, which is bad, but I think we can still feel good about the interception. I do hope he doesn't spiral though

OFC nothing changes the feelings that came with that interception, the entire region exploded to its feet in elation. That was more about the play than the player. But the feel good Scraps story only started there. He was a fun player to watch as he fought his way up the depth chart and then it came crashing down a bit with the great unknown but it was still a decent personal story even when he went elsewhere and got hi$ payday. We even had hopes for a redemption chapter when he came back here but...

Is he just texting right through the police stop?

This dude was lit as **** in the Patriots dynasty show.

Upsetting news regarding the former Patriot.

Butler was charged with driving under the influence of liquor and refusal to submit to a chemical test, North Providence Police Chief Alfredo Ruggiero Jr., said Tuesday.​
Butler drew attention from a North Providence officer at 3:22 a.m. on Saturday while he was at the wheel of a white Mercedes-Benz that was stopped and blocking westbound traffic on Mineral Spring Avenue, Ruggiero said.​
Butler was cited with parking or stopping in a prohibited area.​
The Mercedes-Benz, which had a Rhode Island license plate, is registered to Butler, Ruggiero said.​
Butler told the officer he had been at a recording studio in Providence where he was making music, he said.​
Saw the video.. butler was pretty "tore down".. car was stopped in the middle of the road. I knew he still had property in the new England area ,but didn't know he was a RI resident. Hope he gets through it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back