PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Mac Jones traded to Jags for a 6th

BB picked Tom Brady.

Kraft said he took the draft away from him in 2021, so we may never know the truth.
Grier was GM during Brady draft. Everyone had input: Weiss, Grier, Pioli, Belichick. They all liked him, so he was selected.

2021: Belichick was GM during Jones draft. Everyone had input: Ziegler, Groh, Wolf, Belichick. They all liked him, so he was selected.

Kraft NEVER said he took the draft away from Bill. That is a lie. You've been exposed as a liar. You have zero credibility.

Anytime you trade a former #1 pick for a #6 pick, you are admitting a mistake had been made no matter who made the pick. Now Mac gets to be a “backup” for real and the Pats get to start over again. Too bad but “it is what it is”…
Mac is just another first round QB that did not make the transition to the NFL not a mistake on the level of Zack Wilson. He was a reasonable pick at the time. Cutting bait after three seasons of poor results is also reasonable. The real mistake was placing too much blame on MP and not cutting him after season 2. I hope the team is willing to risk a similar outcome if their player is on the board at draft time.

There are things you can't learn until you get the guy playing. No one I heard was saying they shouldn't take Mac at 15.

Watching the Dynasty, I see Brady shredding his knee, then back at practice throwing, then getting pissed when they told him that no, you can't fix it at the end of the year! Mac hasn't got that edge, at all. Shows it in the red zone when the game's on the line...over and over again.

You can't know something like that from watching his Alabama tape.
I'm a broken record with this, but it's amazing how many people dismiss future insurance salesmen in the 4th quarter of the preseason game when college highlights include lots of people who would dream of being in that position of playing in the preseason.

Mac is just another first round QB that did not make the transition to the NFL not a mistake on the level of Zack Wilson. He was a reasonable pick at the time. Cutting bait after three seasons of poor results is also reasonable. The real mistake was placing too much blame on MP and not cutting him after season 2. I hope the team is willing to risk a similar outcome if their player is on the board at draft time.
Agreed. The Pats used #15 on him… and they didn’t trade up to get him. He was the 5th qb off the board, 5th out of the big 5 in his class. It’s not like the Pats blew a top 3 pick (knock on wood) for him. Reasonable to say the bar for whoever we pick third a month from now is set much higher. Jones is probably still the 2nd or 3rd best QB in his class depending on how you feel about Fields.

Funny that Jones was hyped up as the perfect fit for this team. Turns out he wasn’t a fit at all. Sht happens. Not the first nor the last QB to flame out after a promising start.

What is it you think that Scott Pioli was doing?
They want to believe that Bill was a god.

People most responsible for Brady being drafted:
1. Rehbein
2. Grier
3. Pioli
4. Weiss / Belichick

1. Rehbein
2. Grier
3. Pioli
4. Weiss / Belichick
The idea that Bill was this super genius for picking Brady is overplayed imo. He would have that label if he would have put his ass on the line and taken him first overall. Instead he said no 5 times like every other GM.

Grier was GM during Brady draft. Everyone had input: Weiss, Grier, Pioli, Belichick. They all liked him, so he was selected.

2021: Belichick was GM during Jones draft. Everyone had input: Ziegler, Groh, Wolf, Belichick. They all liked him, so he was selected.

Kraft NEVER said he took the draft away from Bill. That is a lie. You've been exposed as a liar. You have zero credibility.
Grier was not the GM in 2000 he was kept on to help with the draft because he was part of the scouting during the previous college season.

I hope Zappe doesn't get comfortable. He'll probably stick around for TC.
But I'd rather see what Rourke has than Zappe (if we had to choose).
But, I suspect it'll be Brissett & a 1st rounder.

TWO THINGS CAN BE TRUE AT ONCE

Mac Jones had a low ceiling

But Belichick ensured that he would never reach it with the moved he made

1. Rehbein
2. Grier
3. Pioli
4. Weiss / Belichick
He not the god but he is a god.

And you couldn't be more wrong order of responsible.
Bill
Pioli
Rehbein
Weis
The Janitor at Michigan
Greer

All we got for him was a 6th rounder !!!! What a terrible pick he was, we took him for a first and could not even get a 4th round pick !!Hopefully they don't make the same mistake again !!!!!

Mac Jones was officially done at halftime in Indy in 2021. His reaction to his INT at the end of the half said it all.

As a backup now he can be “one of the guys” like he always wanted.

Anyway, this is a sneaky trade for the Jaguars. Lawrence has not put together a fully great season, and they haven't extended Lawrence yet.

This could mean something, just saying.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back