PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Mac Jones traded to Jags for a 6th

The Jags have CJ Beathard as backup and he did well last year when called. I don't really understand this move from the Jags point of view.

I think there were teams that would make more sense to trade for Mac like the Saints for example.

Funny thing is that I had the Jags as a possibility for BB next off season if Peterson fails to make the playoffs again.

You'd think they could have gotten more than just a sixth-rounder, that's disappointing. But closing the book on him seems the primary goal here.
What did you anticipate the Patriots receiving for Mac Jones in a trade? I really am curious.

Wow. Guess I was wrong that’s all that was out there for him.

It’s for the best on both sides. He was done here. Lawrence has had some injuries so he’ll probably get a chance to play there.
Pats play Jags @ Jax in '24. Hopefully they face Mac. Lol

For now, he's first round AJ McCarron.

Thought Kyle Shanahan loved him? Not enough to pay up a 5th round pick :rofl:
It would've created an unnecessary distraction in SF. The guy isn't even on the team and the media is somehow still finding a way to say he'd be successful had Shanahan drafted him.

BB made Mac cry when he had a sprained ankle? BB made Mac cheap shot other players? Mac has to grow up, let's hope he can do that in Jacksonville.
He's a Momma's boy. Being close to Momma will be good for him. She can wash the **** stains from his super hero undies.

I still have problems dealing with the QB I saw in 21 to the one I saw in 23, when he was the BEST rookie QB of the first round picks. Usually guys get better with time and experience. But in the end no one is 100% to blame on this. Bill was a major factor of course, but Mac's response to adversity wasn't exactly ideal either. And finally his on field performance definitely was NOT sustainable. His play and attitude made it impossible for him to lead that locker room back to respectability.

I believe he STILL can be a productive NFL if he landed in the right situation in Jacksonville. Time will tell. Hopefully by the end of next week we will have signed a vet and the QB strategy (whatever that is) will start to take shape. There are a LOT of decent looking possibilities. Cases can be made for most of them. Some of course look better than others, but it is necessary to separate those QB's who are available and those who might be willing to come to a program where the offense is essentially rebooting

My list would include, Minchew, Wentz, Brissette, and JG in that order. I wouldn't mind even taking a flyer on someone like Sam Darnold who as listed as being just 26.

I think it would be highly unlikely at this point to think that we aren't going to use the #3 pick to draft the 3rd QB available. I think that will be Maye, btw, but I'd be just as happy with JD (who I think has the highest ceiling, but also the lowest floor of the 3)

I still have problems dealing with the QB I saw in 21 to the one I saw in 23, when he was the BEST rookie QB of the first round picks.
While he was outperforming the rest of the class, we saw fool's gold with Mac Jones. He was protected by the ground game, had an easy schedule in the middle of the season where they ripped off 7 straight wins and had weather in his favor until the last quarter of the season. where they had to play teams .500 and above.

The Mac Jones era is now over. Yet another Belichick mistake has been shipped out.

For those who still believe in Mac. At least he gets a more relaxed job as understudy for Trevor Lawrence. And he got to return to his hometown of Jacksonville.

Time to turn the page. It's Ovah!!!
LOL at Belichick mistake. He was right not to want him. Watch the draft video. It's clear.

I have the Jags as having picks 192 and 212 (comp pick).

If we can only get a sixth for D. Parker things would start to look different for this offense.
Use 102 and 179 or 192 to move into top of 3rd and pick Ohio State TE, Cade Stover.

Screenshot_20240310_130831_Firefox.jpg

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back