PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones 2024 support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drafting early is a
Oh Yeah Dancing GIF by Honda

1709828325687.png

I hope in 5 years when Jayden Daniels or Drake Make has us in the Super Bowl we look back on the dark days of a quarterback room consisting of Mac, Zappe, and a dozen other practice squadders and laugh.
I hope Bill is getting lots of R&R now. Being FoRcEd tO TakE MaC JoNeS must have been tough on him at his age.

No QB should go through 3 OC’s in his first 3 years.

And the OL and WRs weren’t good.
His crappy play led to 2 of the oc's getting fired. Everyone blames the OC, everyone blames the wr's, everyone blames the TE's, everyone blames the O line. I would think some of you rocket scientists might start to put together the fact Mac was the issue.

im not sure if its possible to play mac again. if theres any truth to the reports that the players are done with him then you can’t keep him as your qb.

In either scenario, drafting a qb high or trading down, i think best bet is to roll with flacco or brissett, zappe, and your draft pick (assuming we take a flier on a later round if not in the top 3).

His crappy play led to 2 of the oc's getting fired. Everyone blames the OC, everyone blames the wr's, everyone blames the TE's, everyone blames the O line. I would think some of you rocket scientists might start to put together the fact Mac was the issue.
1. Every single person in the league besides Bill Belichick knew Matt Patricia was a bad idea. This wasn't some out of left field outcome. It was Bill thinking he was smarter than everyone in the room and then everyone else being right.

2. The WR's grade extremely poorly on things seperation when you isolate QB play out of the equation. Again this is another thing where everyone remotely objective pegged New England as one of the worst WR corps for several years.

3. The line is mediocre at everything but run blocking. Again another instance of you don't even need to take the QB into account and they show up bad on indepedent metrics.

4. Zappe looked as bad as or worse. Cam also looked bad. In 2019 half this sub was calling Tom f'ing Brady washed.

Maybe when every QB we put behind the line looks bad including a guy who is the GOAT and everyone else in the league says "that's a stupid OC hire, those aren't good WR's" maybe it's a team problem and not a one guy behind center problem.

People still can't accept that Bill destroyed this offense from top to bottom. None of this means Mac is good or anything. But there's no real way to objectively look at the offense and think it was bad only because Mac was there.

People still can't accept that Bill destroyed this offense from top to bottom. None of this means Mac is good or anything. But there's no real way to objectively look at the offense and think it was bad only because Mac was there.

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

People? What People?

Nah, BB's crappy coaching and roster building did that.

Nah, BB's crappy coaching and roster building did that.
In the end Bill picked the groceries and he paid the price. However your amazing insight into the situation adds nothing, as usual, to the conversation. Mac Jones was a major part of the issue for the last three years. Now posters are calling for him to be put back in to see if it really was everyone else but him who was the problem. Superbowl winning head coach, 2 superbowl winning OC's top free agent tight ends, and it is all their faults, not Mac's. You all sure go a long way to fluff up Mac, he sucks.

1. Every single person in the league besides Bill Belichick knew Matt Patricia was a bad idea. This wasn't some out of left field outcome. It was Bill thinking he was smarter than everyone in the room and then everyone else being right.

2. The WR's grade extremely poorly on things seperation when you isolate QB play out of the equation. Again this is another thing where everyone remotely objective pegged New England as one of the worst WR corps for several years.

3. The line is mediocre at everything but run blocking. Again another instance of you don't even need to take the QB into account and they show up bad on indepedent metrics.

4. Zappe looked as bad as or worse. Cam also looked bad. In 2019 half this sub was calling Tom f'ing Brady washed.

Maybe when every QB we put behind the line looks bad including a guy who is the GOAT and everyone else in the league says "that's a stupid OC hire, those aren't good WR's" maybe it's a team problem and not a one guy behind center problem.

Yet with simmilar players Patricia's offense was better than Obriens. Why is that?

Cickey, I just wished the guy well. I don't want him back. And ALL of Last year, I was with Wozzy in claiming that Mac was making every position group look way worse. He started out okay, then fell off the face of the earth -and I don't think it was all his fault. But no, he's done here, for everyone's sake.

Go shoot a moose or something...

If Mac weren't so obsessed with pistachios, almonds, pecans, cashews, and macadamias, then I wouldn't mind it. As it is, his time here has tapped out, imho.

Doesn't matter if we want him or not, the fact that AVP essentially gave an open answer about "fresh start and clean slates"...

Then, Judon trying to build some hope in Mac with those public statements, basically shows that he knows Mac will be back and wants to get ahead of the fans shock by warming us up to the idea.

Sounds like Mac is staying. Doesn't mean we won't still sign someone like Brissett, and draft a 1st rounder (even mid-late round)

Yet with simmilar players Patricia's offense was better than Obriens. Why is that?
Are you going to pretend it was a good offense lol? Mac was also the QB longer in Patricia's offense as well.

Also I guess we should just ignore the best WR on the team leaving between the two seasons

Mac just lack that dawg mentality

Comments:

1.) The OP is satire, but I'll respond here.

2.) Tl:dr answer: No.

3.) I like Mac, I really do. The kid came in with the right attitude and we did him no favors with all the OC changes from McD-->Matty P-->Bob and by not surrounding him with talent.

4.) But I was done with him after the Frankfurt game...even if he was actually hurt.

5.) We need a QB that can elevate people and score points despite everything going wrong. That is what Brady did in 2019...he might have finished 4-5 and not gotten us far in the playoffs...but you still felt like you had a puncher's chance at pulling out a game even up to the point before Logan Ryan picked him off. That is what we need...and Mac nor Zappe is that guy, IMO.

6.) I am not saying we need another Brady...that will never happen. I am just saying that we need a QB who can carry the team and keep it competitive enough for our defense and special teams to make a play or two....

In the end Bill picked the groceries and he paid the price. However your amazing insight into the situation adds nothing, as usual, to the conversation. Mac Jones was a major part of the issue for the last three years. Now posters are calling for him to be put back in to see if it really was everyone else but him who was the problem. Superbowl winning head coach, 2 superbowl winning OC's top free agent tight ends, and it is all their faults, not Mac's. You all sure go a long way to fluff up Mac, he sucks.
Jones was a large part of the problem but he wasn't the main problem. If he was then the offense would have been much better with Zappe. It wasn't and Zappe was horrible. And when did Matt Patricia win a Super Bowl as an OC?

Coaching and roster building was THE problem.

Jones was a large part of the problem but he wasn't the main problem. If he was then the offense would have been much better with Zappe. It wasn't and Zappe was horrible. And when did Matt Patricia win a Super Bowl as an OC?

Coaching and roster building was THE problem.
Nobody is under the delusion Jones is the QB of the future. They are under the delusion that Jones was the primary problem when all the evidence points to it just being a fundamentally flawed offense. There's a reason a lot of the people who are harshest on Jones are the same as the ones who said Brady was washed in 2019.

Some people can't handle the idea that the team has bigger foundational problems that will take longer to address than a quick fix at QB.

Pick a QB that was in the playoffs, they have a down season if you put them on last years Patriots

Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back