PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

M.Faulk to miss season with knee surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsully

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ST. LOUIS (AP) - St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk will have major reconstructive knee surgery and almost certainly miss the entire 2006 season, a blow that could spell the end of his career.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5805142

Great player who I never had the honor of having in fantasy football (is this thread going to get moved by the Nazi regeme because I use fantasy football in a phrase??) :p

I"ve always like him, he seemed like a decent guy. It's a shame to end a great career first by losing your job to a rookie, then ending your season before it began.

Bummer.

Let's hope that having earned his living in this dangerous occupation
doesn't subject him to chronic pain or weakness long hereafter.

Damn, for a second I thought it was our Faulk.

Speaking of random backup runningbacks.............

Is Stephen Davis still in the NFL?? he had a decent year last year but i didn't hear if he retired or what the deal is

does anyone know?

BelichickFan said:
Me too !! But my heart is beating again now. That would have solved the conundrum of whether we keep 7 or 8 RB/TE.

well Faulk has nothign to prove. hes only still considering because he loves the game. hes accomplished a lot..1 of the greatest. gl with whatever he invests in for the future

as for Davis..he got cut..he got an injury again..hes old. hes basically done. his knee has been bad last few years if i remember correctly.

That's too bad. For his sake, if he want to play ever again, hopefully he'll be able to make it back on the field next year.

BelichickFan said:

That is why I put "M" infront of Faulk.. I thought that would help.. Apparently not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents