PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking Ahead: A timetable of next steps

Kraft lost me with this one. It's a gamble at best. No experience at all. Hasn't even been a coordinator.
As fans, the reality is we really don’t know anything regarding the inner workings of the Pats organization.

The Krafts aren’t going to make a haphazard decision on who’s going to run the operations for their asset worth billions. I have no doubt they put extensive thought into their selection based on a lot of info that we’ll never fully know. They didn’t hire Mayo as a charitable gesture.

I think smart leadership would be to have an independent "football operations guy" that is on the sidelines but reports to GM/Jonathan.
It's terrifying that you made those two things equivalent.

This is irrelevant but Zappe is a capable backup. He's 4-4 as a starter, the definition of capable backup.

I'm also referring to post Brady. Belichick didn't have a QB, he was fired. So... Mayo has 2 losing seasons and a medicre season because they don't have a QB, then what happens? He gets fired?

Maybe the trick is to get a QB!
Mac is a goner and I’m not sold on Zappe either based on his overall performance after replacing Mac. IMO they both should be out of NE.

I envision two new QBs next season in some fashion along with Rourke.

Mac is a goner and I’m not sold on Zappe either based on his overall performance after replacing Mac. IMO they both should be out of NE.

I envision two new QBs next season in some fashion along with Rourke.

I wouldn't be shocked if Zappy is here in some capacity next season too... Corky is indeed a goner, however, even if we get nothing for him.

I wouldn't be shocked if Zappy is here in some capacity next season too... Corky is indeed a goner, however, even if we get nothing for him.
They might keep Zappe for continuity’s sake. He can fight for a spot, but realistically the Pats should have two guys ahead of him going into training camp.

What if Zappe continues improving in the offseason? jones could as well but his issues seem much more fundamental.

GM Free Agency - mid January
HC Free Agency - late January
Coaching Staff Free Agency - early to mid February
Scouting Combine - late February to early March
Player Free Agency - mid to late March
Patriots spring workouts begin - mid April
NFL Draft - late April
OTAs - late May to early June
Minicamp - mid June
Training Camp - beginning late July
Updating this now that things have changed

GM Free Agency - early to mid January
Coaching Staff Free Agency - mid to late January
Senior Bowl - early February
Scouting Combine - late February to early March
Player Free Agency - mid to late March
Patriots spring workouts begin - mid April
NFL Draft - late April
OTAs - late May to early June
Minicamp - mid June
Training Camp - beginning late July

Although, since they have a new coach, they will be allowed to start camp earlier than usual. Not sure by how much. Maybe mid July.

As fans, the reality is we really don’t know anything regarding the inner workings of the Pats organization.

The Krafts aren’t going to make a haphazard decision on who’s going to run the operations for their asset worth billions. I have no doubt they put extensive thought into their selection based on a lot of info that we’ll never fully know. They didn’t hire Mayo as a charitable gesture.
Yeah, that kind of **** is other dumb billionaires.

What if Zappe continues improving in the offseason? jones could as well but his issues seem much more fundamental.
Hang it up man, Zappe sucks. I know it, you know it, 31 other Teams know it.

Hang it up man, Zappe sucks. I know it, you know it, 31 other Teams know it.

To be fair, Zappy could and should continue to improve, but I really don't think he'll ever be able to overcome his physical limitations...
Plus he also threw some real stupid INTs that had little or nothing to do with those limitations.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back