PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Long time loyal Pats fan Blue Thunder passes away...

condolences to his family and friends, he just looks like a great guy.

Dave also used the handle Angel Fire...he was here when Ian started the board way back in the stone age.Went to many tailgates and games with Dave back in the 90's and early 2000's. Extremely kind, generous man..the kind of man I wish I was 1/10 the person he was. The only person I ever saw Dave get mad at was RayRay19, the super Jet fan from the defunct Jets board run by Soothsayer..but then most of the Jet board hated RayRay too. I am smiling remembering those days...time sure passes fast.
Thanks again for sharing about Dave/Blue Thunder. Hard to believe it’s been more than 20 years since this board got rolling. We’ve had so many outstanding fans and characters here that’s for sure. Very few of your caliber Joe!

I remember that guy RayRay, what an a-hole he was. He liked to pretend he lived in Dorchester for a while, but it was BS, it was just to rag on people from the Boston area about racial issues; a typical New York attitude as though they have a racial utopia there. Then he changed his posting name to “RedSux1918” but that, and so far as I could tell, his posting here, ended suddenly in October 2004 “for some reason” and he was gone like a fart in the wind and missed even less than one.

Last edited:
I believe so...Didn't he have a USAF service patch as his avatar, IIRC...?
For the longest time, he had the Blue Thunder Helicopter from the movie "Blue Thunder".

So sorry :(

I found the link to his obituary. He was born 5 days before my late father.

My Dad died on my birthday 14-1/2 years ago so I know how you feel.

Could you post it?

Blue Thunder...aka Dave Savage...no more loyal Pats fan than I've ever known...R.I.P.

Celebration of Life for my dad will be on Saturday, April 15th, 2023 at Cranberry Village Community Center, 75 Cranberry Road in Carver Mass, 12-3pm. Please feel free to share this with anyone who may be interested, and please RSVP so we can make sure there's enough food! He was dearly loved, is dearly missed, and we know he would want us all to laugh while sharing stories about his life. Hope to see you there!

325476814_565171855188303_733020960012189472_n.jpg
Thanks for posting, sad to hear of this. Condolences to his family and all those who knew this gentleman. RIP Dave.

My condolences

Condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back