PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: The Jets want Brandon Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Riddler

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Oh I hope this doesn't happen..............

Sunday at the Post | National Football Post

The Jets are having internal discussions regarding restricted free agent Brandon Marshall, sources tell Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post.

Lombardi says the Jets would "love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick." It's hard to see the Broncos giving up their petulant star without getting a top pick, but Marshall would be a nice fit opposite Braylon Edwards. This news also sheds some light on what the Jets think of Jerricho Cotchery. Mar. 14 - 9:52 am et

And on another note, don't be surprised to see old Tire Tube shed a few by September

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/03/ny_jets_coach_rex_ryan_has_lap.html

Jets coach Rex Ryan underwent lap-band surgery on Saturday at NYU Medical Center to help him fight the battle of the bulge and was relaxing at his New Jersey home Saturday night, team spokesman Bruce Speight told The Associated Press Saturday night. Ryan weighted 340 pounds when he was hired by the Jets in January 2009 and gained at least 30 pounds last season. The 47-year-old often directed fun at his ample midsection but the final straw may have come last month when cameras caught a shot of his considerable belly when he was changing jerseys during a Florida-Carolina NHL hockey game last month.

Last edited:
Re: Lombardi...The Jets want Brandon Marshall

Oh, don't worry according to most here he will decimate any team that signs him.:rolleyes2:

Good let them think they can pass the ball....... Mark Sanchez was 2-6 when he threw the ball over 20 times. I would love to see the Jets put their fate in his hands.

Good let them think they can pass the ball....... Mark Sanchez was 2-6 when he threw the ball over 20 times. I would love to see the Jets put their fate in his hands.

I don't think you'll be saying that after he leads them to the division title.

I'm willing to bet good money here that if the Jets somehow win the division it won't be because of Sanchez' play.

I'm willing to bet good money here that if the Jets somehow win the division it won't be because of Sanchez' play.

I'm willing to bet good money that Marshall WILL have something to do with it if they get him.

Just wondering, when is the last time they actually won a division title? Seems like eons ago.

Just wondering, when is the last time they actually won a division title? Seems like eons ago.

Not sure, but in case you haven't noticed they are probably considered the favorites to win it this year.........And if they land Brandon Marshall, they are the odds on favorite.........

Last edited:

I don't know, but there is always the next time, and that's what I'm saying.

Well they're guaranteed to win one with Marshall, just like the Broncos have.

McD's not ******ed. No way he gives up Marshall without getting a great deal back that will hurt the Jets.

If the Jets do get Marshall, they'll have someone who Sanchez can throw the ball to who'll make plays even if the ball isn't perfectly thrown.

Well they're guaranteed to win one with Marshall, just like the Broncos have.

Priceless! You're comparing the Broncos with Marshall to the Jets with Marshall? LOL!

What "package of players" could they put together for Marshall? McDaniels has a bit more intelligence than Ratgini, so I can't see a package like the one they put together for Braylon Edwards working. . . .

McD's not ******ed. No way he gives up Marshall without getting a great deal back that will hurt the Jets.

If the Jets do get Marshall, they'll have someone who Sanchez can throw the ball to who'll make plays even if the ball isn't perfectly thrown.

Maybe they'll offer Gholston, Jenkins, and or Cotchery and a late pick. They can offer quality players that really won't hurt their team.

David Harris is another possibility.

Priceless! You're comparing the Broncos with Marshall to the Jets with Marshall? LOL!

Yeah, I'm petrified. So how does cromarties allowance work? Does he just tell the accountant when he recruits a new baby mama? Should be the kind of chemistry that brings a title every 50 years or so.

44-05137-F.jpg

I'm willing to bet good money that Marshall WILL have something to do with it if they get him.

Come back just before the season starts and you'll likely find takers on that. But unless you are getting good odds, betting right now on how the teams will look 5 months from now makes little sense.

But... likely you will just fade into the woordwork by then... it's happened many times before.

But I *do* agree that judging Sanchez by last season is a trap... both for and against. How much he improves this offseason through study and experience will determine how successful his career is. And we won't know that until midseason.

Yeah, I'm petrified. So how does cromarties allowance work? Does he just tell the accountant when he recruits a new baby mama? Should be the kind of chemistry that brings a title every 50 years or so.

44-05137-F.jpg

I'm not talking about Cromartie, nor am I a Jets fan. This post was simply in reguards to Marshall, and the difference he would make.

Lots of clubs in the Big Apple for Brandon to start gunfights in. While Cromartie impregnates a whole new groupie base...and LtD finds himself playing in a division where you actually need a visor to combat the weather...

And Edwards, who is tendered as a RFA, will just love being marginalized yet again. Unlike two mature individuals who might push each other, these two would antagonize each other by their very existence. And with each FA signing Tannenbaum will just continue to antagonize the veterans on the roster who are still bristling over the loss of their well respected 1400 yard RB. I hope they suck LtD in too, the circus will come to town. Tubby's resemblance to PT Barnum is uncanny...

And when the cap comes back, as it will, we can all sit back and watch the gnashing of teeth as he has to gut his roster of aging overpriced veterans who are the glue that has kept it remotely together for the tub of goo twins in the swamp for the last 2-3 seasons...so they can extend Revis Island for $15M+ per while accomplishing exactly nothing, as they have for 42 years and counting...as the search unfolds for another headline grabbing, heart breaking GM/HC pairing which is about the only thing that ever really changes in the swamp.

Maybe they'll offer Gholston, Jenkins, and or Cotchery and a late pick. They can offer quality players that really won't hurt their team.

Yeah, Josh would be crazy not to bite on Gholston...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back