PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Logan Ryan..

Could this mean he wants to stay with us?

I really like him, i back the guy every time, if he has slight consistency improvement we can argue we have two number 1 corners..

Instagram post makes it look like Patriots CB Logan Ryan wants to stay

I guess this should probably be in the main forum instead of the draft forum.

Ultimately it depends on cost like everything. That said, BB has valued the 3rd CB position like a starter in the past; and Ryan is really more of the 2 than the 3 here (just playing slot when Rowe is on the field).

Kyle Arrington signed a 4 year, $16M deal in 2013 after everyone thought he was gone. The 2013 cap was $123M while 2017 is projected to be $165M, so prorating that would be a 4-year, 21.5M deal. The Pats would sign Ryan to that in a heartbeat. That won't happen though, so the question is how far are they willing to go? I could see 4 year, $28M. We'll see if Ryan's ok with that.

I guess this should probably be in the main forum instead of the draft forum.

I get what you mean and it most probably belongs into the building 2017 roster thread that we have going on but personally I am happy there is a way to avoid some of the yokels from the main board and discuss potential re-signing in here with you sane people.

Maybe an admin can merge this into that thread.

Kyle Arrington signed a 4 year, $16M deal in 2013 after everyone thought he was gone. The 2013 cap was $123M while 2017 is projected to be $165M, so prorating that would be a 4-year, 21.5M deal. The Pats would sign Ryan to that in a heartbeat. That won't happen though, so the question is how far are they willing to go? I could see 4 year, $28M. We'll see if Ryan's ok with that.

The projections of Ryan's FA market are all over the place going from 7m up to 12.5m. I always thought he'd more or less would hit Jimmy Smith money (10m) if someone out there really wants him - which would be out of our range. My estimate of what BB & co are willing to offer is 3y 22-24m with around 14m guaranteed.

Why 3 years ? He is 26 so signing a 3 year deal gives him another shot at FA before he reaches the magic mark of 30 years.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back