PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets play, which one doesn't belong....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you figure that the Pats were "UNPREPARED" for Twig's payday? The Pats offered him a 5 year extension worth $33 million as a base offer. Do you honestly believe that was as high as they were willing to go? Deion sure as hell doesn't know how high the Pats were willing to go because he never sent a counter offer in.

Honestly, I think that the Pats were VERY prepared to pay Branch as long as he was willing to be treated like Brady and Seymour. Branch wasn't. He wanted to be treated BETTER than Brady and Seymour and have the last year of his contract ripped up.

I meant unprepared for his payday from another team,not unprepared from our own financial standpoint. I don't think they expected him to take the path he did.

I hate to say it but in the championship game Branch could have helped get that first down to win the game instead of punting. But we will never know.

Don't worry. Moss will make that catch and much more.

I meant unprepared for his payday from another team,not unprepared from our own financial standpoint. I don't think they expected him to take the path he did.

Honestly, I think that the only thing they were unprepared for was Branch lying to everyone and refusing to honor his contract. Branch came out and said right before the draft that he was a man of honor and that he would honor his contract regardless of whether or not he had a contract extension. Everyone, including the Patriots, believed him.

I think that the Pats were more than prepared to give Branch his payday had he been willing to negotiate with them and agree to be treated like the other stars on this team.

Honestly, I think that the only thing they were unprepared for was Branch lying to everyone and refusing to honor his contract. Branch came out and said right before the draft that he was a man of honor and that he would honor his contract regardless of whether or not he had a contract extension. Everyone, including the Patriots, believed him.

I think that the Pats were more than prepared to give Branch his payday had he been willing to negotiate with them and agree to be treated like the other stars on this team.

Agreed,and most of us were shocked by it,too.
We all thought we knew him but obviously we didn't. Rememmbering back to the details of that mess,I recall many saying "WTH happened to Deion"?

Seeing that we were one first down from being able to run out the clock to go to the SB and likely whoop Chicago, I don't want to say he wouldn't have made a difference either.

Unless Deion could play defense, it would have been tough for him to make a difference. Manning was hot, and he was catching the underneath recievers and Addai. Had we scored, who is to say Manning would not come back with another score?

I'm confused. How would having Deion play on defense have helped our offense convert a first down to run out the clock?

Deion's prescence against the Colts may have made a difference in that Sanders would not have been so quick to play the run. His rep alone would have forced the Colts to make sure he was covered. That said, we are better off in the long run, they way things have played out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes