PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let’s Enjoy It While We Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Reading a few different threads and reports about changes we’ll see in the coming years got me thinking, instead of over analyzing our flaws and gripping about only sitting at 10 - 5 (imagine saying that in the 80’s or 90’s), I should sit back and enjoy this while I can.

I’m in Vancouver. I started liking the Pats in the 80’s because of the red uniforms. Most of my classmates were fans of the Seahawks, 49ers, or other big teams from that era. When the Pats went 1-15 I had a high school friend tell me “hey, it’s ok to change teams, you don’t live in Boston”. I stuck with em.

The 1st SB vs the Rams felt like a giant weight of my back. It seemed like a miracle. Everything since has felt like the cherry on top of the cake. Brady and Belichick have done something we could only dream of. 5 SBs. Double digit win seasons every year. 10 straight division titles. THIS REALLY SHOULDN’T HAPPEN!!!!

We as a fan base have been blessed. Belichick is 67 next year. Brady is gonna be 42. Let’s just enjoy whatever time they have left. Leave the *****ing and whining for the Bills, Phins, and JETE fans.

For a bit of national perspective:

Patriots poised for their ninth consecutive playoff bye

The last time the Patriots played in the wild card round of the playoffs was in 2009, when they went 10-6, won the NFC East, won at home in the wild card round but then lost at Denver in the divisional round of the playoffs. Incredibly, all but three NFL teams have played in the wild card round more recently than the Patriots: The Bears, who likely will play in the wild card round this season, and the Buccaneers and Browns, who haven’t played in the wild card round since 2009 because they haven’t been to the playoffs since 2009.

What the Patriots are doing in the 18 years since Tom Brady took over as starting quarterback is the most remarkable run any team has ever had in NFL history. Even if they fall short of making their ninth Super Bowl and winning their sixth with Brady this season, they’re winning with a consistency that no other franchise has ever shown.​

The last time the Patriots played in the wild card round of the playoffs was in 2009, when they went 10-6, won the NFC East, won at home in the wild card round but then lost at Denver in the divisional round of the playoffs. Incredibly, all but three NFL teams have played in the wild card round more recently than the Patriots: The Bears, who likely will play in the wild card round this season, and the Buccaneers and Browns, who haven’t played in the wild card round since 2009 because they haven’t been to the playoffs since 2009.

What the Patriots are doing in the 18 years since Tom Brady took over as starting quarterback is the most remarkable run any team has ever had in NFL history. Even if they fall short of making their ninth Super Bowl and winning their sixth with Brady this season, they’re winning with a consistency that no other franchise has ever shown.​
But the fans of the team think the gm needs to be fired, they need to trade for a qb and there is no talent on the roster.

Winning one more SB with BB and Brady would be like icing on a cake made of .... icing.

Those same “ fans” have been spouting that crap for almost 20 years.
We have a bunch of fans who need Allegiance Reassignment Surgery. They are browns fans trapped in patriot fans bodies.

But the fans of the team think the gm needs to be fired, they need to trade for a qb and there is no talent on the roster.
Or...

They need to figure out how to use the talent that they have. The reason they have this record in the first place is they have been innovative and not complacent .. and the failures within this period have occurred when game plan and execution were lacking IMO

The last time the Patriots played in the wild card round of the playoffs was in 2009, when they went 10-6, won the NFC East, won at home in the wild card round but then lost at Denver in the divisional round of the playoffs.​

They're combining 2005 with 2009 and putting them in the wrong conference. 2009 they were one and done vs the Ratbirds after losing WW in the last game vs Houston.

I started liking the Pats in the 80’s because of the red uniforms.

+ 1
red uniforms, logo (Pat Patriot) and the name New England Patriots

a magic combination...love and passion started immediately

same feeling after our first Super Bowl win : i thought: ok...finally...now i do not ask nothing more...one was at that moment satisfying, deserved, filled a void...

instead...what the future has been from that moment...

Been a Pat fan since their inception....Had to leave my Giants behind since Boston had it's very own pro football team.....like many older fans, have suffered thru decades of highs and lows...alot of lows in there....The Kraft/Belicheck/Brady era has been quite a ride......hopefully it lasts another year or two......Find a successor to Brady and see what happens......Enjoy this ride no matter how much longer it lasts...Go Pats

We are extremely lucky and spoiled. As a fan since 1975, I've had my fill of horrible seasons. 16 straight 10+ win season and 10 straight AFC Championships was an incredible dream for us Patriot's fans back in 2000.

Reading a few different threads and reports about changes we’ll see in the coming years got me thinking, instead of over analyzing our flaws and gripping about only sitting at 10 - 5 (imagine saying that in the 80’s or 90’s), I should sit back and enjoy this while I can.

I’m in Vancouver. I started liking the Pats in the 80’s because of the red uniforms. Most of my classmates were fans of the Seahawks, 49ers, or other big teams from that era. When the Pats went 1-15 I had a high school friend tell me “hey, it’s ok to change teams, you don’t live in Boston”. I stuck with em.

The 1st SB vs the Rams felt like a giant weight of my back. It seemed like a miracle. Everything since has felt like the cherry on top of the cake. Brady and Belichick have done something we could only dream of. 5 SBs. Double digit win seasons every year. 10 straight division titles. THIS REALLY SHOULDN’T HAPPEN!!!!

We as a fan base have been blessed. Belichick is 67 next year. Brady is gonna be 42. Let’s just enjoy whatever time they have left. Leave the *****ing and whining for the Bills, Phins, and JETE fans.

Great post!!!

I don’t understand why people are acting like tragic Greek agonizers with the “we neeeeed 6.” 5 was the number. If they win another one or two, just more gravy. Personally, I would have been disappointed with 4 SBs because I feel this is the greatest team/QB/coach in the SB era and the title count should prove it too. So they got 5 and anything beyond that would wonderful but wouldn’t come close to the feeling of 5 (the relief for one.)

As for where they stand now, I see the roster problems as something to discuss and analyze though not really b1tch and moan about. It’s interesting. Brady outplayed the second major wave of core players (2010-present.). It will be fascinating if he can continue playing with the 3.0 version of the Belichick Patriots, and how they rebuild the team’s core, presumably through the draft.

Winning one more SB with BB and Brady would be like icing on a cake made of .... icing.

We're talking VSauce Supertask-level icing on the cake ...

Great post!!!

I don’t understand why people are acting like tragic Greek agonizers with the “we neeeeed 6.” 5 was the number. If they win another one or two, just more gravy. Personally, I would have been disappointed with 4 SBs because I feel this is the greatest team/QB/coach in the SB era and the title count should prove it too. So they got 5 and anything beyond that would wonderful but wouldn’t come close to the feeling of 5 (the relief for one.)

As for where they stand now, I see the roster problems as something to discuss and analyze though not really b1tch and moan about. It’s interesting. Brady outplayed the second major wave of core players (2010-present.). It will be fascinating if he can continue playing with the 3.0 version of the Belichick Patriots, and how they rebuild the team’s core, presumably through the draft.

The Seahawks and Broncos each have two SB appearances and one SB win since 2014. One of them would need 5 more appearances and 4 more wins in the next 12 seasons to match what the Pats have done over the last 16 February's.

We are extremely lucky and spoiled. As a fan since 1975, I've had my fill of horrible seasons. 16 straight 10+ win season and 10 straight AFC Championships was an incredible dream for us Patriot's fans back in 2000.
Yeah the year of the millennium.. who says the millennium bug didn't turn the world upside down..? Haha..

Pats fans world for sure. I love the history of that year.. belichick becomes coach. Jets get 1st round picks in compensation. Belichick drafts brady in his first draft with Patriots.. new century on the way..:cool:

Been a Pat fan since their inception....Had to leave my Giants behind since Boston had it's very own pro football team.....like many older fans, have suffered thru decades of highs and lows...alot of lows in there....The Kraft/Belicheck/Brady era has been quite a ride......hopefully it lasts another year or two......Find a successor to Brady and see what happens......Enjoy this ride no matter how much longer it lasts...Go Pats

Mass used to Giants country.

The closest NFL team was NY. There are still hold over Giants fans living in Mass. My old neighbor was one and he raised all his kids to be Giants fans. Joe Morris came from Ayer, Mass. My father worked with his dad and Joe came to my parents 50 wedding anniversary. Mark Bavorro is from Mass too.

Thanks for posting. We can always be critical of coaching and of the team, but the “X is garbage” bothers me. X is usually McDaniels.

The other common item is Brady sucks and is done or Jules or Gronk. That’s fine to have that opinion but have some damn grace and respect. I can certainly agree Gronk is probably done without the name calling, over the top bashing and repetition of it all.

Lots of us are from Boston though, so there will be a lot of *****ing and whining..

Agreed!! Go Pats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back