PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Larry Bird #6 Best Player Ever?

I'd put Bird before Kobe...guess I'm biased.

Kobe ahead of Bird and Magic? LOLOLOLOL.

Not a Celts fan or Lakers hater, and even I have to say that having Kobe ahead of Bird is a little crazy.

LeBron doesn't have the career yet, but he's been a better player than Kobe for a while now. Kobe that high is silly.

I'd also have Russell ahead of Wilt.

LeBron doesn't have the career yet, but he's been a better player than Kobe for a while now. Kobe that high is silly.

I'd also have Russell ahead of Wilt.
Absolutely. It was a ridiculous ranked list.

No one before or after made basketball so suspenseful. When he(Jordan) took over a game, it was seriously over.

Wat?

I ain't arguing Jordan's ability to take over a game, but wouldn't having that ability make the game NOT suspenseful?

I also got a kick out of Wilt never fouling out because he was so composed, that it was not at all about his refusal to play defense.

On the surface it's easy maybe for us to say Kobe does not belong in that position ... the punk and jerk thing. But he does have 5 rings and those rings were not all with a team loaded with talent. I can't stand him but part of me says maybe he is better than Bird or Magic ... maybe.

Magic has 5 rings also but his teams were stocked with HOF players ... 3 I think?

The last 2 years only Kobe is a HOF player on his current team.

Bird has 3 rings but won them with 3 other HOF'ers.

Last edited:
On the surface it's easy maybe for us to say Kobe does not belong in that position ... the punk and jerk thing. But he does have 5 rings and those rings were not all with a team loaded with talent. I can't stand him but part of me says maybe he is better than Bird or Magic ... maybe.

Magic has 5 rings also but his teams were stocked with HOF players ... 3 I think?

The last 2 years only Kobe is a HOF player on his current team.

Bird has 3 rings but won them with 3 other HOF'ers.

He also won them against a couple of other guys on the top ten list -- and a bunch of HOFers besides. The Kobe era doesn't have that type of competition.

Surprised he isn't #4 or even #3. He can kick Kobe's butt no offense to Kobe or Lakers fans!

This is actually a pretty good list.

While I'll go one step further on the Kobe issue being ahead of Bird, he should also be behind Magic as far as I'm concerned.

Beyond that everything else is minor quibbling.

Wilt and Russell are like tied as 2a & 2b... maybe Walt gets the nod because of his higher profile personality.

Oscar Robinson? Dude had a triple double SEASON - each and every game.

Drop Kobe back a few notches... you'll have a good amount of debate between Bird and Magic as we all know - call them a tie if you'd like.

Kobe... then another Icon in Kareem

And then rounding it out with West and Duncan - who some might question at #10 but I agree his style of play and leadership deserve to be recognized

(Funny how that ping pong ball bounces... how cool would it have been to have Duncan as a Celtic for all these years... yet the ping pong ball bouncing away from Greg Oden later.... how different things would have been had both - or neither - gone our way.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back