PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard push]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

He's probably bound and gagged, being waterboarde, his family have been kidnapped, being threatened with a gun, if he tries to leave without signing...:eek:

that is chicago politics.

Re: La Canfora: Pats have offer on table for Peppers [Update: Rap: Pats making hard p

He's probably bound and gagged, being waterboarde, his family have been kidnapped, being threatened with a gun, if he tries to leave without signing...:eek:

Or the deal is off the table if he leaves without signing. Arm-twisting.

okay i know this a diffrent sport but,do you remember last winter when mark teixeira was a free agent .and everybody and all the news had redsox pretty much done deal with him and out of no where the yankees talked to him and then he signed with them .

dont give up there's hope:eek:

The problem is that the Yankees did not come out of nowhere.

Last edited:

signing Peppers would be ok.. but the guarantee amount of money of 3 years is a little crazy with Wilfork also being a big cog in this D. rather take a shot at Dansby if we can. both are little bit of 'me' players but if I had my choice it would be Dansby.

and neither have the pats we been on him since he has been a fa

Start moving on. Peppers will not be a Patriot. Patriots better make some moves on another pass rusher.

signing Peppers would be ok.. but the guarantee amount of money of 3 years is a little crazy with Wilfork also being a big cog in this D. rather take a shot at Dansby if we can. both are little bit of 'me' players but if I had my choice it would be Dansby.

Dansby will be a Dolphin, sounds like a good fit, Dansby the Dolphin.

They did and they didn't. Teixeira admitted later that in his mind, he always wanted to be a Yankee. The Yankees were nowhere involved in the initial negotiations. Teixeira's agent negotiated at length with the Red Sox. They had flown down to get the deal done, and all of a sudden his agent was like, we want 20M more.

The Sox balked at this sudden reversal from how the negotiations had gone, the agent called the Yankmes and said, can you offer more? The Yankees checked their cavernous coffers, said, yup we can. And next thing you know he was wearing pinstripes and helping the Yankees to their first World Series win in ages.

So it just goes to show, that unless the signature is on the dotted line, you really have no deal in the sports world.

Dansby will be a Dolphin, sounds like a good fit, Dansby the Dolphin.
Dansby the Dolphin, sounds like the title of a childrens book.

so after the hard push, does anyone think there is any penetration????

so after the hard push, does anyone think there is any penetration????

Nope the Pats are limp.

so just when I mention that, it comes out that peppers is taking a physical in chicago........now that's wierd

Nice ploy by Pepper's agent. Peppers' not coming to Foxborough. We need to sign Vince and Mankins, plus we have Brady to take care of next year.

okay i know this a diffrent sport but,do you remember last winter when mark teixeira was a free agent .and everybody and all the news had redsox pretty much done deal with him and out of no where the yankees talked to him and then he signed with them .

dont give up there's hope:eek:

The sports are so different, it's probably very hard for someone to get to this point if they're not going to sign.

Nice ploy by Pepper's agent. Peppers' not coming to Foxborough. We need to sign Vince and Mankins, plus we have Brady to take care of next year.

Little too quiet on the VW front, wonder whats crackin with all that..

if he's actually taking a physical, it sounds like he's agreed to the money

if he's actually taking a physical, it sounds like he's agreed to the money

Yeah you are correcto

You're probably going to have to overpay for both of them, and I would rather overpay for the pass rusher, especially since the Pats have some ILB that we know can actually play.

Tom Curran via Felger and Mazz, Peppers' agent says that the Patriots are definitely under consideration and they may be making a trip to Boston shortly/

Update: Curran texted Tanguay who updated Felger and Mazz that he just spoke to Peppers' agent and that is what he said.

Last edited:

They did and they didn't. Teixeira admitted later that in his mind, he always wanted to be a Yankee. The Yankees were nowhere involved in the initial negotiations. Teixeira's agent negotiated at length with the Red Sox. They had flown down to get the deal done, and all of a sudden his agent was like, we want 20M more.

The Sox balked at this sudden reversal from how the negotiations had gone, the agent called the Yankmes and said, can you offer more? The Yankees checked their cavernous coffers, said, yup we can. And next thing you know he was wearing pinstripes and helping the Yankees to their first World Series win in ages.

So it just goes to show, that unless the signature is on the dotted line, you really have no deal in the sports world.

I will always believe that Boras had the Yanks in his back pocket. I do think Tex was genuinely interested in coming to Boston though.

Either way, seems that the Pats are not playing the role of the Yanks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes