PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LA-Boston In Baseball, Then Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston pro sport fandom sure is a remarkable privilege. The repeated success, the quality of organizations, the intelligence (relative to other cities) of the fans, supported by metropolitan area that is #24 in the US in population - there's never been anything like it. Imagine if any comparable metro area won a championship every 2-3 years, across four sports, for a couple of decades. - think Nashville, El Paso, Oklahoma City as comparables. What an amazing thing that's been built and sustained.
Actually Boston is 10th in metro area population...
United States Metropolitan Statistical Area Population - iWeblists

lots of good teams in thr NFC like the saints, rams and eagles.

Seems like some people don’t have enough to think about

lots of good teams in thr NFC like the saints, rams and eagles.

The over-rated NFC is weaker than the AFC and the head to head record proves it. The AFC is up 14-11 in spite of playing 14 of the 25 games on the road.

I'd have no problem taking the Pats, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers or even the Chargers vs any of those teams. The Chargers actually were in position at the Rams but a boneheaded play by a DB gave the Rams a gift TD that turned the game around.

Would be poetic, though. Brady beats the Rams and sets sail into the sunset? Not that I’m saying he’d quit, but that’d be quite the story. 6 SBs, starting and ending with the rams.

Having more super bowl rings than the 49ers and Cowboys by himself. God I love the sound of that.

Rams offense is legit. Their defense on the other hand, is not. Looks like the next Super Bowl could be a shootout like last year.

Would be poetic, though. Brady beats the Rams and sets sail into the sunset? Not that I’m saying he’d quit, but that’d be quite the story. 6 SBs, starting and ending with the rams.

Having more super bowl rings than the 49ers and Cowboys by himself. God I love the sound of that.
I still stand by that if he wins this year, his wife will convince him to retire.

What a story it would be... Brady full circle back to win a title vs Rams. :)

Yo,shut up man! "Full circle" means Brady retires after beating la in the SB this year. F that!
I want at least 2 more years and 2 titles from the GOAT.

Yeah, I mixed the message, you're right. It is 24th in city size and 10th in metro size.
But that actually just strengthens my case here.
Boston should get credit as a small city whose work ethic, creativity, entrepreneurial-ism, and commitment to education created an economic engine that generated that contrast (24th to 10th) by needing to expand beyond its borders to that degree, and (less significantly everywhere but here) for its professional sports success.

I still stand by that if he wins this year, his wife will convince him to retire.

One of the primary drivers behind his stated goal of playing to 45 is because it is the primary driver of growth in his business. He gets millions of dollars of free advertising every year he plays, and the TB Method only gains credibility. This is about a lot more than athletic pride and enjoyment. The decision is more complex than for most athletes.

so...what would be the likelihood of a single city having the champions for each of the main 4 sports? (in the same year?)

red sox are in WS
we know what the pats are
Boston should be winning the east and making the finals
the only question would be the bruins
In a related tidbit of information:

Boston sports from the 2001 New England Patriots to 2018 Boston Red Sox:

Seasons - 67
Playoffs - 51
Final 8 - 39
Final 4 - 26
Finals - 16
Won Championship - 10*

* - waiting to make it 11​

10 straight combined seasons Boston teams have made the playoffs.

Boston > World

If it’s meant to be... I want the Rams to be 18-0 entering the game. Give us a chance to erase the stigma of what happened 11 seasons ago.

It never should have been a “stigma” and if it were, it should have been erased when the same coach-QB won their 5th SB, which is a far greater accomplishment than a single season of immortal dominance. Heartbreak? Yes. Epic dissapointment? Yes. Greatest missed opportunity in modern sports? Up there. But stigma? No way. Go watch the 2013 Broncos or some other team that crapped their pants on the biggest stage. Patriots have nothing to be ashamed of (though plenty to second guess, as with any loss). Stigma is the hater/jealous loser mantra.

Even 11 years later, the 07 Patriots are a more famous, notable, and even revered team than a lot subsequent SB winners. And they’re not being laughed at. The cautionary tale isn’t that any team can choke; it’s that anything can happen in a football game, including unlikely catches, unlikely performances, or just really bad matchups against a certain team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST