Kraft auctioning Super Bowl LI ring for charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Surprised this isn’t already up here...

"And I thought about what is going on at this time and wanted to give something of extreme value in support of our health care workers. So I thought it would be good to give this ring, our fifth Super Bowl win, because it showed how we came back."

Patriots' Kraft auctions Super Bowl ring for charity

The winner also will receive a personal visit with Kraft in his Gillette Stadium office, with the team sending its private plane to bring to town the new owner of the ring if he or she is not within driving distance.

This is what happen when you have too many superbowl rings.

I half expect Jonathan Kraft to be the winning bidder, so he can give it back to Robert. Great PR opportunity moment waiting just waiting to happen. At first I thought 'hey maybe Putin would like another one' but then I remembered he can get his free.

Last edited:
BTW, the bidding is already up to $525,000.

BTW, the bidding is already up to $525,000.
And I’ve been holding back hoping to snipe it at the end. That’s not looking like a winning strategy.

I half expect Jonathan Kraft to be the winning bidder, so he can give it back to Robert. Great PR opportunity moment waiting just waiting to happen. At first I thought 'hey maybe maybe Putin would like another one' but then I remembered he can get his free.
I wondered if Arthur Blank might bid on it...

Or is it too soon?

And I’ve been holding back hoping to snipe it at the end. That’s not looking like a winning strategy.

I actually told myself, "If the bidding is below 25K I might jump in...." then saw it started at 75K, LOL.

It’s nice that he’s giving to charity, but he’s worth about $6 billion. He doesn’t need to sell his ring to donate. You’d think he’d hold on to it and keep it in the family.

The crown jewel, this one was from the greatest game of all time. I can only imagine what this goes up to.

I'm guessing he can have a new one made as well as a replacement for the one Putin took.

Portnoy should win this auction too and repeatedly tell Goodell to kiss the ring.

TBF, I do kinda feel bad for Blank. [FWIW, he's donated over $5M to Atlanta-area charities.]
Blank seems to be a quality owner, Atlanta is lucky to have him

Vlad Putin bids 1000 rubles.

It’s nice that he’s giving to charity, but he’s worth about $6 billion. He doesn’t need to sell his ring to donate. You’d think he’d hold on to it and keep it in the family.

Let's say that he donated a million bucks. It would be a one day story, and that's nice. It might inspire some other people to donate, from the publicity. Maybe they rake in 2 million.

Let's say that the ring fetches a million dollar bid. It is a story for days, if not weeks. It absolutely inspires many other people to donate, from the huge publicity. Maybe they rake in 10 million.

Let's say that he donated a million bucks. It would be a one day story, and that's nice. It might inspire some other people to donate, from the publicity. Maybe they rake in 2 million.

Let's say that the ring fetches a million dollar bid. It is a story for days, if not weeks. It absolutely inspires many other people to donate, from the huge publicity. Maybe they rake in 10 million.

I don’t know if I agree with you or not, but even $10 million is only about 0.1% of his net worth. That’s nothing to him. He could donate 10 times that amount and it’s still only a rounding error to his net worth. I don’t get the point except for positive publicity. I said he’s worth about $6 billion. He could donate $500 million (obviously liquidity would be an issue) but he would still be worth about $6 billion. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/.amp/lifestyle/robert-kraft-net-worth-15129697

What’s the point of selling that ring? How could that not be invaluable to him and his family, worth more than dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes