PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KJ Maye Bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I'll make the case. Pats have had great success with small, quick UFA receivers who outplayed their measurables, such as Welker, Amendola or even Dion Lewis, who Maye resembles [stocky RB body].

“Luck Is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

We have the opportunity and this guy's a worker so why not give him a shot? From his NFL draft scout page:

Will not be outworked in practice. Mentally tough and extremely resilient overcoming obstacles from junior high up to college. Consistent in his play speed in and out of his breaks. Uses burst and above average routes to uncover against man and twitch-to-field awareness to open windows against zone. Able to sell complex routes and makes them work for him. Makes contested catches he has no business making and plays with great feet near the sideline. The more you watch, the more you like. High school quarterback and point guard with leadership traits.
2016 NFL Draft Profile: K.J. Maye

I'll make the case. Pats have had great success with small, quick UFA receivers who outplayed their measurables, such as Welker, Amendola or even Dion Lewis, who Maye resembles [stocky RB body].

We have the opportunity and this guy's a worker so why not give him a shot? From his NFL draft scout page:

I'm on board.

The wheels came off the Lucien wagon...:oops:

We have the opportunity and this guy's a worker so why not give him a shot?

Because his direct competitor McCarron (or Berrios) are hard workers as well and have at least the very same potential as Maye.

His most realistic chance is a PS slot. And even that is not really likely at all.

Because his direct competitor McCarron (or Berrios) are hard workers as well and have at least the very same potential as Maye.

His most realistic chance is a PS slot. And even that is not really likely at all.
My impression from psg4 was that Maye and Lucien were used in about the same way. Seemed coaches wanted a direct comparison.

My impression from psg4 was that Maye and Lucien were used in about the same way. Seemed coaches wanted a direct comparison.

Maybe.. I didn't go too deep into it but at this point it looked more like just bodies for snaps and giving those players a chance to put something on tape for the 31 other teams in the league.

Not sure there was any real competition happening at that point at WR anymore. In general, the core roster was already set at this point and the 1s and many backups were essentially having a BYE week to recuperate from a hard camp and were onto the Texans.

We shall see. He did catch a TD pass last year in camp so they know who he is.

Maybe.. I didn't go too deep into it but at this point it looked more like just bodies for snaps and giving those players a chance to put something on tape for the 31 other teams in the league.

Not sure there was any real competition happening at that point at WR anymore. In general, the core roster was already set at this point and the 1s and many backups were essentially having a BYE week to recuperate from a hard camp and were onto the Texans.
Hmm. Maybe a case of the human mind's insistence on finding patterns in chaos.

Hmm. Maybe a case of the human mind's insistence on finding patterns in chaos.

Honestly who knows. I think there is a reasonable chance that our WR4 for the first 4 weeks is not on this roster yet. McCarron has never particularly impressed me with anything and Berrios will make it to the PS.

We just need a capable wr, don’t care who they find.

Not me.

I admit that things don't look good and he seems like the best of a bad bunch, but he's way below Austin Carr (who is in New Orleans) or Chris Harper and Kenbrell Thompkins (both in Canada).

Michael Floyd has already been cut by the Saints and I'd take him, if only to scare the living p**s out of the Dolphins defenders in week 4 ...

3-cone time is awful compared to our slot WRs usual time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft