PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kiper: Patriots Reached on Day Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Mel, the pats did reach.

yes Mel, you are a bloviating hairpiece

Actually the "funny thing" is that you are calling the kid "garbage" without seeing him play. It's bullsh.t. You are also claiming he would still be there when you have absolutely no idea whatsoever who would have taken him or when. The Seahawks took Bruce Irvin in the mid first when everyone said he would be there at 50, so there is no way to know who will be taken where for fans, whereas front offices have a much better sense of how other teams see prospects and how long they will last.

If Wilson fails all of you can come back in here and crow about how much smarter than Belichick you are, doing it now makes all of you look like idiots. On e thing is certain, if he turns out to be a good player then none of you will admit how dumb you were, just as none have admitted how wrong they were when they took Light, Mankins, and Vollmer.

As for Kiper, he said the Colts should have taken Ryan Leaf, nuff said.

1 - I've seen footage of him and I think he stinks.

2 - I've been wrong before but I've also had the minerals to admit it, if it turns out that I'm right about him are you going to give me credit?

3 - I didnt have issue with Light, Mankins, or Vollmer, I actually didnt even follow the draft back then, I don't know why you feel the need to bring up Kiper, I don't carry any water for him.

Last edited:
Here's the thing that no one can deny:

At least ONE team felt he was worthy of drafted in the second round (no matter WHAT Kiper predicted)

Who's to say there wasn't another team who felt the same way?

If there was its not a reach.

The only way to have known for sure if they were competing with another team is to let him be taken by someone else, so thankfully, we'll never know the answer to this question.

Guys...There a REASON for the MUTE button!!
I can't stand him and his Mocks are ALWAYS wrong.

Odd...no one has ever seen Mel Diaper ....

Kiper_crop_340x234.jpg

..at the same time in the same place with "Joey Buttafuco over there"...

buttafuoco.jpg

LOLing at all Ivan's irrefutable proof that Mel Kiper is "da bomb" when it comes to draft picks.

Which footage? If you watch the three videos of four games that Ninja has posted, it's hard to come away not feeling better.

Once I saw that he could move, that he was fluid, and that he could play multiple positions, and that he can tackle, I understood the pick.

Last edited:
The problem with Kiper has less to do with football acumen than how this was handled.

Don't forget that Mayock said Robert Ayers was going to be the best defensive player in the 2009 draft and McCoy would be better than Suh.

What Kiper SHOULD have said was, "Hey, this guy is off our radar or we didn't do much and have him rated low" then get more info to determine WHY BB would draft the guy.

2 - I've been wrong before but I've also had the minerals to admit it, if it turns out that I'm right about him are you going to give me credit?

3 - I didnt have issue with Light, Mankins, or Vollmer, I actually didnt even follow the draft back then, I don't know why you feel the need to bring up Kiper, I don't carry any water for him.

Credit for what? Guessing right?

Why do people think they have ANY ability to evaluate players based on film?

Wow, "footage." my apology that trumps Belichick and his staff watching every play he was involved in.

No I'm not going to give you credit because you don't know what you are talking about so you are just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks, that doesn't deserve credit right or wrong, and besides you will be in here crowing about how smart you are and how stupid Belichick is so you won't need any assistance patting yourself on the back.

This thread is about Kiper, of course i am going to focus on just how wrong he is every year because the draftniks cite him as proof that Belichick is wrong.

So, not only do you think you know more than Belichick about the draft and who to pick but you now say you weren't even following the draft when Vollmer was drafted a few short years ago. So you know more than Belichick but you have only been following the draft for 2 years.......unfriggingbelievable, it doesn't get any more ridiculous than that. Guess you stayed at a Holiday Inn this weekend.

1. San Diego RB, QB, OT Michael Vick, QB, Virginia Tech
2. Arizona DT, DE, CB Gerard Warren, DT, Florida
3. Cleveland RB, OL, WR LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, TCU
4. Cincinnati DE, OT, CB Leonard Davis, OT, Texas
5. Atlanta WR, OL, DE Justin Smith, DE, Missouri
6. New England RB, DT, OL Deuce McAllister, RB, Mississippi
7. Seattle WR, CB, MLB David Terrell, WR, Michigan
8. BEARS DL, WR, CB Koren Robinson, WR, N.C. State
9. San Francisco RB, DE, OL Kenyatta Walker, OT, Florida
10. Green Bay DT, WR, DE Rod Gardner, WR, Clemson
11. Carolina OL, QB, RB Michael Bennett, RB, Wisconsin
12. Kansas City QB, CB, RB Nate Clements, CB, Ohio State
13. Jacksonville OL, DE Andre Carter, DE, California
14. Buffalo OL, CB, RB Steve Hutchinson, OL, Michigan
15. Washington WR, MLB, OG Santana Moss, WR, Miami
16. Pittsburgh DE, MLB Dan Morgan, MLB, Miami
17. Seattle WR, CB, MLB Fred Smoot, CB, Mississippi State
18. Detroit CB, DE, OL Jamal Reynolds, DE, Florida State
19. N.Y. Jets WR, DL Richard Seymour, DT, Georgia
20. St. Louis DT, OLB, CB Marcus Stroud, DL, Georgia
21. Tampa Bay OT, CB Jeff Backus, OT, Michigan
22. Indianapolis DT, CB Kris Jenkins, DT, Maryland
23. New Orleans FS, CB, LB Willie Middlebrooks, CB, Minnesota
24. Denver DE, CB, WR Freddie Mitchell, WR, UCLA
25. Philadelphia WR, RB, DE Chad Johnson, WR, Oregon State
26. Miami OT, OLB, RB Chris Chambers, WR, Wisconsin
27. Minnesota CB, DE, OT Jamar Fletcher, CB, Wisconsin
28. Oakland OLB, TE Todd Heap, TE, Arizona State
29. St. Louis DE, WR Damione Lewis, DT, Miami
30. N.Y. Giants CB, TE Will Allen, CB, Syracuse
31. Baltimore OL, OLB Maurice Williams, OT, Michigan

Why is everyone calling him Mel Kiper?

He's Eddie Munster!!!

1. Houston Texans -- David Carr, QB, Fresno State
2. Carolina Panthers -- *Julius Peppers, DE, North Carolina
3. Detroit Lions -- Joey Harrington, QB, Oregon
4. Buffalo Bills -- Ryan Sims, DT, North Carolina
5. San Diego Chargers -- Mike Williams, OT, Texas
6. Dallas Cowboys -- Quentin Jammer, CB, Texas
7. Minnesota Vikings -- Bryant McKinnie, OT, Miami (Fla.)
8. Kansas City Chiefs -- *Albert Haynesworth, DT, Tennessee
9. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Wendell Bryant, DT, Wisconsin
10. Cincinnati Bengals -- *Jeremy Shockey, TE, Miami (Fla.)
11. Indianapolis Colts -- John Henderson, DT, Tennessee
12. Arizona Cardinals -- Napolean Harris, OLB, Northwestern
13. New Orleans Saints -- *Phillip Buchanon, CB, Miami (Fla.)
14. Tennessee Titans -- *Roy Williams, S, Oklahoma
15. New York Giants -- *Donte Stallworth, WR, Tennessee
16. Cleveland Browns -- *William Green, RB, Boston College
17. Atlanta Falcons -- *Ashley Lelie, WR, Hawaii
18. Washington Redskins -- Andre Gurode, OG, Colorado
19. Denver Broncos -- Edward Reed, S, Miami (Fla.)
20. Seattle Seahawks -- Daniel Graham, TE, Colorado
21. Oakland Raiders -- Dwight Freeney, DE, Syracuse
22. New York Jets -- Mike Rumph, CB, Miami
23. Oakland Raiders -- Javon Walker, WR, Florida State
24. Baltimore Ravens -- Levi Jones, OT, Arizona State
25. New Orleans Saints -- *Charles Grant, DE, Georgia
26. Philadelphia Eagles -- *T.J. Duckett, RB, Michigan State
27. San Francisco 49ers -- *Lito Sheppard, CB, Florida
28. Green Bay Packers -- *Antonio Bryant, WR, Pittsburgh
29. Chicago Bears -- Kalimba Edwards, DE, South Carolina
30. Pittsburgh Steelers -- *Toniu Fonoti, OG, Nebraska
31. St. Louis Rams -- Marc Colombo, OT, Boston College
32. New England Patriots -- Bryan Thomas, DE, Alabama-Birmingham

David Carr, Joey Harrington, to go with Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell seriously folks, Mel knows Quarterbacks, and he would be the first to tell you that the one thing any team cannot do iis miss on that franchise QB, teams that do just don't get what the draft is all about, just ask him.

Goddamn shame we have been stuck with Belichick all these years, just imagine how good we could have been with Harrington throwing the ball to David Terrell and Mike Williams, and Ki-Jana putting up Jim Brown's numbers on his way to Canton.

Last edited:
Just imagine how good that DL could have been with Ryan Sims and Wendell Bryant instead of Seymour and Wilfork. Belichick is such a dunce.

No wonder Triumph was able to annhilate Belichick for not winning a Super Bowl in 11 years, Belichick passed on stud DL and franchise QB's and WR's left and right, while the guru for the draftniks was amassing a stable of talent that could never be beat.

Kiper is becoming irrelevant....(some would say he's allready there)....

Yup

....and in 1941, Ted Williams sucked because he failed to hit safely 6 out of 10 at bats.

Illegal Contact.....poster child for when patsfans.com lets in the blind squirrel who thinks the sun came up because he went looking for a nut....and stepped in it.:confused:

The only to avoid a bust is to never draft
If you don't get invited to the combine, you can't "shoot up the board".
Why wasn't Vollmer invited to the combine?

Per the ESPN interview, it appears this kid was targeted for a specific reason.

If that's what the braintrust targeted, it's "successful".

LOL.......set your sights low and make excuses....at least make sense in the process. Every pick is a good pick because it was made

Seems that way. And he seems increasingly bitter that people are starting to realized that he knows squat about the game of football. How he ever became such a draft "guru" is one of the great mysteries of life that will probably never be solved.

Well old Mel "just for men' Kiper said L Mankins was a reach. That makes me like this pick.

As the old saying goes,

"Those who can, do.

"Those who can't, teach.

"Those who really can't, turn into Mel Kiper."

(I'm a part time teacher myself, so that line is just in fun.)

If we look back at Kiper's career as Draft pundit, it began back in 1984. At that time and for many years, he played a unique role in gathering, filtering and reporting information on the Draft that was otherwise unavailable or hard to access.

However, especially over the past few years, the amount of data and information available on the Internet about the Draft (and just about everything else) has exploded, rendering Kiper's role less and less important.

Mel would do well to carry a little less of an air of self-importance if he wants his gig to continue much longer.

LOL.......set your sights low and make excuses....at least make sense in the process. Every pick is a good pick because it was made

LOL

The only indication out there that I would set my sights low is......that I would "converse" with you on patsfans.com

Every drafts will have players that don't work out. You are zero for whatever on intelligent posts....why do you keep at it? Why don't you call yourself out?

Besides, it should be crystal clear to even the biggest dupe, that Wilson was targeted because management wanted a player for the secondary with great flexibility.

That's fundmentally different from what draftniks, mediots, and "scouts" would look for because they inherently look for guys who "jump out on film".

Besides, I can't think of a bigger endorsement for the pick than the fact that you don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back