PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Britt files injury grievance against Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Does this mean the Pats have less than a million in cap space ?
NFLPA records, via Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, show that Britt has filed an injury grievance seeking the $1.05 million salary he was set to make this season. Wide receiver Malcolm Mitchell also filed an injury grievance against the team after getting cut this year.

Britt and the team can work out a settlement. If they can’t, an independent arbitrator would hear the case.

Forty percent of Britt’s projected salary counts against the cap with the grievance filed and the NFLPA’s most recent cap update shows the Patriots with just under $1.27 million in space.
Kenny Britt files injury grievance against Patriots

Receiver Kenny Britt files injury grievance against the Patriots - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
This Just In: Robert Kraft """Donates""" To Mitchell and Britt for being "Role Models"

This Just In: Mitchell and Britt Drop Grievances

joking btw, those aren't real updates for the record.

Krafty Bob wouldn't pay up for all these players people wanted but, still has no cap space? ....Cap is crap?

I'm not familiar with this process, does that somehow burn bridges with the player? The Pats don't need that, they already low ball free agents.

This was a pretty bad offseason.
I would have cut Dwayne Allen and kept Dola instead (don't sign Clayborn too if needed, he wasn't anything special outside of a strange all time great game vs the Cowboys) but, we were in a crunch. There were things we could have done better for sure, but there's only so much cap room.

There goes a Draft pick Second complaint in as many weeks...when does Roger step in??:D

I would have cut Dwayne Allen and kept Dola instead (don't sign Clayborn too if needed, he wasn't anything special outside of a strange all time great game vs the Cowboys) but, we were in a crunch. There were things we could have done better for sure, but there's only so much cap room.

I think the FA we should have found a way to keep was Lewis, even before Hill and Rex went down.

Hate the beat a dead horse but the Pats held on the Britt for way too long...you just knew it wasn't going to end well. Seems like they gambled on the wrong guy should put the dollars on Matthews coming back.

Funny Matthews got healthy in a hurry now catching passes in Philly??:confused: Young WR still in his prime well there is next years FA I guess.:rolleyes:

I wish we could have brought Matthews back too, but let's look at two things in this statement:

1) Matthews didn't get healthy "in a hurry". It took him 4 weeks to get back onto the field, which would have been the bulk of the time we were without Edelman anyway. We needed players who could play early, regardless of skill, because we needed bodies.

2) He isn't catching "passes" yet... he caught ONE pass. Granted, it was a deep ball touchdown of 56 yards, but we just had something similar from Patterson too. I don't think Matthews (though I would have wanted him) would automatically be a boost to this offense. He'd be another option with potential is all.

I think the FA we should have found a way to keep was Lewis, even before Hill and Rex went down.
Lewis is way too injury prone to pay what it took.

Hate the beat a dead horse but the Pats held on the Britt for way too long...you just knew it wasn't going to end well. Seems like they gambled on the wrong guy should put the dollars on Matthews coming back.
They cut Britt. How was keeping him around to heal under a 90 man roster a gamble?
They didn’t “put any $” on Britt. Matthews being cut seemed to be about more than just his injury.

I don't think Lewis even made much more than Burkhead as I recall.

I don't think Lewis even made much more than Burkhead as I recall.

A little less than twice what Burkhead makes per year, but in absolute terms, only like 2.5m different. I believe one deal was 3/9m and the other was 4/22m. For an actual offensive weapon that's not much money. I think Lewis at 6m is a better deal than Amendola at 6m.

Not that any of that matters now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back