PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Kendrick Bourne Officially a Patriot

Oh, that's a good comparison. For all the talk about slow receivers, Amendola is the poster child of too slow, too small, too unathletic -- yet he had some of the best routes and most clutch catches I can remember in the last decade.

Amendola

Height: 5104
Weight: 183

40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.70 (pro day he ran 4.58)
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.68
20 Yard (ET): 2.71
20 Yard (HH): 2.65
10 Yard (ET): 1.63
10 Yard (HH): 1.51
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 13
Vertical Jump: 27 1/2 (pro day he jumped 31 1/2)
Broad Jump: 08'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 6.81

Bourne

Height: 6012
Weight: 203

40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.68 (pro day he ran 4.55)
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.65
20 Yard (HH): 2.56
10 Yard (ET): 1.61
10 Yard (HH): 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 09 (pro day 10 reps)
Vertical Jump: 34 (pro day he jumped 36)
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 6.73

First four years in the league:

View attachment 31617

View attachment 31618

Hmm . . . I think I'd rather have the second guy. Did more with considerably fewer targets. Obviously, numbers don't tell the full story, but Bourne looks really good on tape. Very quick and decisive, can separate, offers YAC, reliable target, etc.
Bourne looks painfully average on tape. our offense needs an explosive athlete game changer, not another average guy

if waddle falls to us, his talent level is impossible to pass up

Is Golladay really worth $29m more in guarantees than Agholor?

View attachment 31494
So no, i'd rather pay Agholor $11m guaranteed than shell out $40m guaranteed to Golladay

You view game-breaking WRs critical to the success of an offense.

I don't.

Different philosophy.

when you have a bottom 5 QB, then game changing WRs are very important.

when you have Tom Brady, he can turn water into wine. We don’t have him anymore. We have cam newton

Cam needs elite weapons. Smith and Henry were great signings but I hate throwing big money at Nelson & Bourne with much better talents out there for a few million more

when you have Tom Brady, he can turn water into wine. We don’t have him anymore. We have cam newton

Cam needs elite weapons. Smith and Henry were great signings but I hate throwing big money at Nelson & Bourne with much better talents out there for a few million more
I don't think we threw big money at bourne?

I don't think we threw big money at bourne?

the money we spent on agholor & Bourne could have been thrown Kenny Golliday’s direction.

watch Galliday highlights, he takes over games with great contested catches, perfect for a below average QB like cam.

Bourne looks painfully average on tape. our offense needs an explosive athlete game changer, not another average guy

if waddle falls to us, his talent level is impossible to pass up
What tape? if you look at last years highlights 23 of his 30 catches went for either a first down or a touchdown. that's hardly average. He isn't a No1 or even possibly a no2 but he is a great WR3.

What tape? if you look at last years highlights 23 of his 30 catches went for either a first down or a touchdown. that's hardly average. He isn't a No1 or even possibly a no2 but he is a great WR3.

So who are our top 5 WRs?

it's a base salary of 15m for 3 years if he plays every game for 3 years. This year guaranteed is 5.25M
rap posted 3 years 22.5 million 5.25 guaranted. With plenty of incentives

5m guaranted is hardly big money.

no it isn’t but combine it with agholor’s contract, we basically got two number 3 WRs for a lot of money. I think the ability to get a pro bowl WR like a Galliday for only a few million more would have been the better approach in fixing the least athletic offense in the nfl

if BB has a plan to draft waddle, then I withdraw my statement above because Waddle is a game changer

A few million is one thing. I agree with you on that.

The challenge with the WR market is there is drastic segmentation in guaranteed money hence Agholor was 11m and Golladay $40m.

If Golladay could have been had for what they paid Henry or Smith I can see making the financial commitment.

Last edited:
A few million is one thing. I agree with you on that.

The challenge with the WR market is there is drastic segmentation hence Agholor was 11m and Golladay $40m.

If Golladay could have been had for what they paid Henry or Smith I can see making the financial commitment.

I see what you mean about the guaranteed money. I did not realize hunter Henry was given 26 million guaranteed, that is a lot, even though I’m a big fan of him.

I figured we could have gotten Henry & Golliday

I see what you mean about the guaranteed money. I did not realize hunter Henry was given 26 million guaranteed, that is a lot, even though I’m a big fan of him.

I figured we could have gotten Henry & Golliday
Not sure Golladay wanted to come here as he was not a fan of Fat Matt.

Golladay for what the NEP gave Smith would have been fine w me.

Oh, that's a good comparison. For all the talk about slow receivers, Amendola is the poster child of too slow, too small, too unathletic -- yet he had some of the best routes and most clutch catches I can remember in the last decade.

Amendola

Height: 5104
Weight: 183

40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.70 (pro day he ran 4.58)
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.68
20 Yard (HH): 2.65
10 Yard (ET): 1.63
10 Yard (HH): 1.51
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 13
Vertical Jump: 27 1/2 (pro day he jumped 31 1/2)
Broad Jump: 08'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.25
3-Cone Drill: 6.81

Bourne

Height: 6012
Weight: 203

40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.68 (pro day he ran 4.55)
40 Yard Dash (HH): 4.65
20 Yard (HH): 2.56
10 Yard (ET): 1.61
10 Yard (HH): 1.59
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 09 (pro day 10 reps)
Vertical Jump: 34 (pro day he jumped 36)
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 6.73

First four years in the league:

View attachment 31617

View attachment 31618

Hmm . . . I think I'd rather have the second guy. Did more with considerably fewer targets. Obviously, numbers don't tell the full story, but Bourne looks really good on tape. Very quick and decisive, can separate, offers YAC, reliable target, etc.
Y/Target. He's not a field stretcher or anything but pretty good at the top of his route which can lead to some more yards/yac. I'm excited. This group won't break any records but really complements our running game & intermediate passing game.

Last edited:
Look at all the fumbles for the first guy! Everybody knows that our coach would never let him on the field!

View attachment 31617

View attachment 31618

Not sure Golladay wanted to come here as he was not a fan of Fat Matt.

Golladay for what the NEP gave Smith would have been fine w me.

I'd take a second legit TE over Golladay any day and it is not even close. The value and versatility of how much you will get out of Smith and Henry on a snap-by-snap basis blows a WR1 away. Especially considering a WR1 costs you close to 1.5 TEs. (18M APY vs. 25M combined APY).

I'd take a second legit TE over Golladay any day and it is not even close. The value and versatility of how much you will get out of Smith and Henry on a snap-by-snap basis blows a WR1 away. Especially considering a WR1 costs you close to 1.5 TEs. (18M APY vs. 25M combined APY).
Good points. I think if we had an elite QB one could argue Golladay for Henry money would be sensible.

But since we don't Henny/Smith make more sense.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back