PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keeping 2 kickers on the roster for the start of the season its dumb

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I hope Bill is not seriously considering this not even for a single game? They traded up to get Ryland in the fourth round and he is not even reliable enough yet to let him handle both kickoffs and <50 yard field goals???
Kickers only have one limited function. I am hoping that Bill is not serious about this.

Folk has been mister reliable...but its time to move on and live or die by the guy you traded up to get in the fourth round.
Let Ryland have his shot.

I hope Bill is not seriously considering this not even for a single game? They traded up to get Ryland in the fourth round and he is not even reliable enough yet to let him handle both kickoffs and <50 yard field goals???
Kickers only have one limited function. I am hoping that Bill is not serious about this.

Folk has been mister reliable...but its time to move on and live or die by the guy you traded up to get in the fourth round.
Let Ryland have his shot.

I don't always agree with Sam Bam Cunningham, but when I do, It's prefering just one kicker. Stay thirsty, Bill, and trade Folk for a 7th.

Really have enjoyed Folk on this squad for the last few years. One of the players that has been available and dependable. I understand moving him, as I don’t want two kickers on the 53, but his consistency was a blessing.

They can recoup the 6th they just spent to add to the OT room.

They weren't going to roster two kickers.

Hard to think we will get anything for him since interested teams know they can just wait. Maybe a conditional 6th or a 7th, if anything.
Yeah the whole "we may keep 2 kickers" thing sounds like a bluff to see if it shakes a 6th loose from anyone's pocket. Unlikely to work but no reason not to try.

Hard to think we will get anything for him since interested teams know they can just wait. Maybe a conditional 6th or a 7th, if anything.
The beauty of trading directly with NE is that there is no competition if Folk gets cut.

it would be peak Bill to keep two kickers, especially after having drafted one relatively high (and trading up for said kicker iirc); zigging while everyone else is zagging

Keeping two kickers would be dumb. This team needs help in many areas, which means it must err on the side of keeping players with potential at the various positions in which they are weak. In that context, keeping two kickers because you're too lame to make a d----d decision makes little sense.

it would be peak Bill to keep two kickers, especially after having drafted one relatively high (and trading up for said kicker iirc); zigging while everyone else is zagging
Zagging is sometimes the right move, ain't it?

Folk traded to the Titans. Sorry guys, only one kicker this year.

Big Kick Nick was great here; wish him well. He was about as good as anyone in the NFL inside 50s last few years.

I think Ryland had only one short fg attempt in game during preseason

Lets wish Nick Folk all the best--!!! Per rap sheet: The Patriots are trading Nick Folk to the Titans! Patriots are receiving a 2025 7th from Tennessee for Nick Folk. They get something in return and some additional cap space.

This whole thread is much ado about nothing.

great angst about something that never happened.

folks need to learn how to chill instead of panicking

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back