PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Karma: ESPN Headed for Second Straight Year of Falling Profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDawg

Patriot of the Week
Reaction score
ESPN's Profits Are Falling Again

Now the sports network is at an 11-year low in subscribers and has almost single-handedly delivered the worst annual result for Disney stock in five years. RBC Capital Markets analyst Steven Cahall, cable billionaire John Malone and others are suggesting Disney consider divesting ESPN.

giphy.gif

The leader in sports. Oversaturation, bad business deals, payoffs, loss of integrity in reporting the sports, restricting and eventually forcing their good people out. Texas hold 'em. You name it, that place is broken. Had a lot of good parts over the years but unfortunately the wrong people got a hold of the company and it showed in every way possible. The only people I feel sorry for are the every day Joe's and Jan's that make a living for them.

ESPN, CNN, etc... all they care about is clicks and controversy. They have forsaken journalistic integrity. People like Chris Mortenson and Chris Broussard should have been fired a long time ago. They need to get rid of a lot of people and start fresh to regain peoples trust

ESPN's Profits Are Falling Again

Now the sports network is at an 11-year low in subscribers and has almost single-handedly delivered the worst annual result for Disney stock in five years. RBC Capital Markets analyst Steven Cahall, cable billionaire John Malone and others are suggesting Disney consider divesting ESPN.

giphy.gif

Good.

The only thing that concerns me about that is that ESPN might take the wrong lesson, decide they made lots of money from Deflategate, and try and engineer another one. :p

(Then again, I'm surprised they haven't jumped all over the Giants one... oh wait, I'm not.)

“If I had to guess, what you will see is a split of Disney with ESPN spun off,” Malone said on CNBC last month. “Probably, ESPN could be owned and protected by a distributor in the U.S.”

Vertical integration is very very bad. Don't let it happen America!

ESPN, CNN, etc... all they care about is clicks and controversy. They have forsaken journalistic integrity. People like Chris Mortenson and Chris Broussard should have been fired a long time ago. They need to get rid of a lot of people and start fresh to regain peoples trust

In other words, entertainment over hard news.

I won't be happy with falling profits. I want INCREASING losses.

I'd just like to point out, the guy in the GIF is a morning news presenter in Australia and he is a flog of the highest calibre.

Heartbreaking

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I'd just like to point out, the guy in the GIF is a morning news presenter in Australia and he is a flog of the highest calibre.

English is my second language. What is a flog ?

So how long before Disney either sells it for pennies on the dollar or pulls the plug altogether? FS1 is a vastly superior sports network anyway at this point. That's how you know you're bad... when Disney owns Marvel and the Star Wars franchise and ESPN is still sinking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back