PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Karen Guregian: Pats are at the top or near the top of Reggie Wayne's list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne on a cheap one year contract maybe. I would rather have a big name in the draft. Alshon Jeffrey from South Carolina screams Patriots player in every way possible.

I'd rather have a vet in his mid to late 20's, someone who could be here for a few years, and someone that could teach Gronk and Hernandez a thing or two. Wayne is just a primadonna.

Wayne has played at a high level year in and year out, one have to wonder how many thread is still left on those tires. I like Wayne but i would prefer his Teammate Pierre Garson. I think Pierre Garson is going to be a hit where ever he goes in FA... The Patriots haven't had a hit at WR since Welker and Moss. Seems like many moon ago now.:snob:

Wayne has played at a high level year in and year out, one have to wonder how many thread is still left on those tires. I like Wayne but i would prefer his Teammate Pierre Garson. I think Pierre Garson is going to be a hit where ever he goes in FA... The Patriots haven't had a hit at WR since Welker and Moss. Seems like many moon ago now.:snob:

Garcon is a product of playing with Manning. Someone will overpay big time because of that.

I'd rather have a vet in his mid to late 20's, someone who could be here for a few years, and someone that could teach Gronk and Hernandez a thing or two. Wayne is just a primadonna.

What has Wayne done/said to indicate he's a primadonna?

Wayne on a cheap one year contract maybe. I would rather have a big name in the draft. Alshon Jeffrey from South Carolina screams Patriots player in every way possible.

What about Alshon Jeffrey to you 'screams Patriots?'

I'm just curious to hear your take. Thanks.

What has Wayne done/said to indicate he's a primadonna?

Nothing that I have ever heard.

In my opinion, a guy like Wayne is a much better fit than many others.

He's proven himself as a highly consistent player, he's proven that he can stay healthy, and he's proven NOT to be a problem in the locker room.

The only real downside is that he's on the back 9 of his career, and he isn't the kind of player that you'd plan on having three yrs down the line. Other than that, I can't see to much that supposedly wrong with him.

I'm not sure about this one.

Wayne--by all accounts is much more polished, much more of a leader, and much more trustworthy.

Garcon is more of an up and comer, OR it's very possible that he could just be a product of the system too.

I think it depends on whether or not you are looking for good value for the next couple of yrs (Wayne), or the potential of hit/miss on a big money deal where the payoff could be longer geared towards the future (Garcon).

I can't see how Wayne wouldn't be the guy that we'd look for right now. Good value, good player...but won't be playing down the road too much. The best thing about it, is probably that he isn't going to be much of a gamble. Garcon is still a gamble of sorts, especially for the money that he is likely looking for.

If we're looking more towards the future (3-4-5 yrs down the line) then a player from the draft is the best idea, aside from going out and trading for a proven guy like a Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitz (extremely unlikely in every way possible).

A guy like Wayne seems to be a lot more like a "Belichickian type" player than a guy like Pierre Garcon, but that's just my opinion.

Nothing that I have ever heard.

In my opinion, a guy like Wayne is a much better fit than many others.

He's proven himself as a highly consistent player, he's proven that he can stay healthy, and he's proven NOT to be a problem in the locker room.

The only real downside is that he's on the back 9 of his career, and he isn't the kind of player that you'd plan on having three yrs down the line. Other than that, I can't see to much that supposedly wrong with him.

That's the only reason we'll be able to afford him, I'd LOVE to bring him in on a short term incentive deal.

Garcon is a product of playing with Manning. Someone will overpay big time because of that.

1) That wasn't Peyton throwing him the ball on December 4th. Not that it takes much to maul our secondary these days.

2) We don't need a game changer. We need a guy who can keep the defense honest. Garcon can move, and he is actually pretty big for being known as a burner, finesse type receiver. Totally agree that if he is asking for #1 type money, we can find someone else to keep the defense honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back