PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JustWinBrady's In-stadium notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it appears we are. the play was right in-front of me. this is what i saw. brady lofted up a pass, a jumpball pass as it was intended for moss. imo, it was brady's worst pass of the night. meriweather was playing centerfield and has a perfect opportunity to catch the overthrown ball. it was his ball to catch. his timing on his jump was good and he had the ball in his hands for a second. moss never even attempted to catch the ball, it was meriweathers ball to bring down. as moss was running by he reached for meriweather and just pulled him down and the ball came loose before meriweather hit the ground. anyways, i thought it was play meriweather should of made and he didn't. imo, most DBs would have come down with that ball. again, this is one man's opinion. thats it. i don't understand why some posters (not yourself) are so critical with posters giving observations from training camp. i really like meriweather as a player, but imo, he has the worst hands of any defensive back on the team. he showed it last year and ive seen it continue in training camp. i hope he proves me wrong.

OH OK than...I think a play that should be made is different from an easy play. You were closer to the play so maybe what I saw was not as big a deal as I think but Moss certainly had a hand in breaking it up so it wasn't a pure drop.

I wouldn't worry about his hands as much as wether or not he is in position and breaking up plays. Look at our newbie Bryant, he has only 7 career picks and has made a real nice career for himself of being a solid defender. Yes the INT can change games but not getting torched is more important.

I wouldn't worry about his hands as much as wether or not he is in position and breaking up plays. Look at our newbie Bryant, he has only 7 career picks and has made a real nice career for himself of being a solid defender. Yes the INT can change games but not getting torched is more important.
Years like 2006 when we have to scratch and claw to score (relative to our current team, of course), INTs, especially those returned for a TD, are critical. While they're always nice, with an offense like we currently have just a stop, any stop, works for me as we have such a good chance to score anyway.

Years like 2006 when we have to scratch and claw to score (relative to our current team, of course), INTs, especially those returned for a TD, are critical. While they're always nice, with an offense like we currently have just a stop, any stop, works for me as we have such a good chance to score anyway.
A batted pass on 3rd with a decent punt return could be just as effective as an int, especially if batting the pass leaves you less open to getting burned.

I think INTs especially those returned for TDs are critical in any year not sure it matters how much your offense scores. I mean honestly would it have meant more for the 99 Rams to get an INT for a TD or the Ravens the following year.

I mean Chris Canty had 3 pics one year....Bryants career high is 2. Bryant is now a 8/9 year starter and Canty lasted what 4 or 5 (more than he should have).

The best are lucky to get double digit INTs in a season but how many pass plays do they see all year. Coverage and deflections are more important than INTs. That doesn't take away from the value of the INT especially for a score.

Its like the sack....It is a huge play but you can't sit here and say that the sack isnt an overrated statistic. A dlinemen is much more than the number of sacks he gets.

Last edited:
I think INTs especially those returned for TDs are critical in any year not sure it matters how much your offense scores. I mean honestly would it have meant more for the 99 Rams to get an INT for a TD or the Ravens the following year.
Just saying that with a 2000 Ravens offense if you make a stop, you're probably punting 3 downs later and it's like the stop never happened. An INT for a TD would mean everything to that team. The '99 Rams or the '07 Patriots ? A stop has a pretty good chance to result in the same thing as an INT returned for a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes