PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones loses 100k earring in lake..

But he didn't because he's looking.
Actually, making a point of appearing to be "looking" could be part of building a case with an Insurance company..."Hey, I even had a diver look for it, now please give me my $100,000 (minus the deductible)."

Actually, making a point of appearing to be "looking" could be part of building a case with an Insurance company..."Hey, I even had a diver look for it, now please give me my $100,000 (minus the deductible)."
Possibly. I tend to lean towards laziness of the insured before I go to the fraudulent, though both are quite entertaining (yeah I'm not in claims).

Possibly. I tend to lean towards laziness of the insured before I go to the fraudulent, though both are quite entertaining (yeah I'm not in claims).
Wasn't suggesting fraud. Just that he might be trying to be convincing when what he did was pretty dumb.

Consult the policy or your agent to be sure.

That's a silly waste of time. A football message board is an excellent place to get advice on contract law. This is particularly true because the Pats are such a winning organization, which makes us all smarter by association. The Jets message board probably isn't good for more than simple civil issues.

Looks like it was found my a couple of fisherman.

I don't care how rich I was, would never spend 100K on a damn earring.

Is anyone actually asking anyone to feel sorry for him?
No, but it's fine & dandy to say we really don't feel bad for Julio.

It's not something we need to be prompted to say....we don't give a crap!:D

Are you serious? If my wife loses her engagement ring, we can't claim it under our homeowner's insurance?
I never understood the 2 months salary thing about engagement rings. Seems like a strange way to start a marriage if you're dropping $10-$20k+ on a ring.

Wasn't suggesting fraud. Just that he might be trying to be convincing when what he did was pretty dumb.
Well, it worked. I'm convinced what he did was dumb.

I never understood the 2 months salary thing about engagement rings. Seems like a strange way to start a marriage if you're dropping $10-$20k+ on a ring.

It used to be very difficult (and important) for the family of the bride to know how well she would be taken care of, and the ring was a good indication of how well off the groom is, if everyone stuck to the 2 month rule.

Why is this news when compared to the 283 diamonds he lost in Houston last February?

Makes about as much sense as getting married with North American laws and consequences being what they are. The government provides strong disincentive to anyone who can afford a $20k ring, to actually get married.

The 2-3 month salary thing was literally started by the diamond industry as a marketing campaign.. and now it has become a social expectation, but its utter sillyness the way that some people start their marriage owing massive debt on a 20k ring, 32k on a wedding, 10k on a honeymoon

Securing a nice home first would seem like the smarter approach

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back