PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio jones catch in 2nd half. Out of boubds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyb

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Was called a catch but it looked like he only had one foot down and then landed out of bounds. It was on the,drive where they had a 4th and goal and were stopped, i think.

Was called a catch but it looked like he only had one foot down and then landed out of bounds. It was on the,drive where they had a 4th and goal and were stopped, i think.
He taps the second foot down right before he landed out of bounds. Looked like a good catch to me.

Gotta say, having watched the Super Bowl come back a few times, Jones is an amazing talent.

Getting those toes down for that catch which would have clinched a Super Bowl for a halfway decently coached team was nothing short of amazing, and you just have to take your hat off to him making that play

As far as his TD last night, he was about 6 feet from the sideline and after making the catch took about a half dozen steps in bounds - so I'm not clear why there's any thought he was out of bounds, aside from the fact that we were all focused on him ripping the ball from the much shorter Butler's hands.

(Actually my mistake - I thought you were talking about the TD - you were talking about another catch - my apologies)

Last edited:
Gotta say, having watched the Super Bowl come back a few times, Jones is an amazing talent.

Getting those toes down for that catch which would have clinched a Super Bowl for a halfway decently coached team was nothing short of amazing, and you just have to take your hat off to him making that play

As far as his TD last night, he was about 6 feet from the sideline and after making the catch took about a half dozen steps in bounds - so I'm not clear why there's any thought he was out of bounds, aside from the fact that we were all focused on him ripping the ball from the much shorter Butler's hands.

I think he's referring to a different play.

I think he's referring to a different play.

Correct - realized that after. My mistake - I apologize

Although it was trash time, that was still a pretty strong grab out of Butler's hands just the same - and it looked like he hyper-extended his knee in the process.

If the Patriots had lost in the Super Bowl based on his catch, I'd have said there was no shame in that. Glad they didn't though!

I believe Jones did that pretty severe toe tapping routine with injured feet. He'd been "limited" with a toe for quite some time leading up to the game. He was able to overcome the natural inhibition against further harming his injury in addition to basically flying and dancing at the same time. Pretty astounding player.

this was his catch during that drive. 4 steps inbounds, maybe even 5 if his toe wasn't over the line.

It was sanu, 14:56 4th quarter. I looked again i think he had both feet in. Somehow i didnt see it first few times.

Never mind.

Maybe you are talking about the 2nd down near the Patriot 10 yard line that Ryan completed for 9 yards - completed very close to the left side goal line pylon (it set up the 3rd and 4th down from inside the 1 that the Patriots stopped)?

If it was that one you're talking about, I recall our D was actually pretty competitive on the coverage (I believe 2 defenders were very close to the point of the catch) and thinking it was just a good play by the receiver. I don't recall wondering if he was in bounds or not, however, I was hitting the fridge for a cold one between that play and the next play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back