PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones being traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Julio Jones has unfollowed everything Falcons has taken pictures down.

Rumor is 49ers

If a player's social media indicates an imminent trade/signing, that means it definitely won't happen.

Childish.

His contract situation is almost identical to Gronks. All cash in 2018 and 2019. Nothing up-front. Pushing 30.

Do they need space for a new Matty Ice contract ?

Do they need space for a new Matty Ice contract ?
This would be the difference between "Matty Ice"/Joe Flacco and Tom Brady. I'd take less money to have Jones stay then have a "big contract" and have one of the best WR's in the game go elsewhere.

That would be a terrible deal for us. Julio is Gronk receiving production minus the ability to block like a stud OL.

And if last year was an indication it would make our red zone offense worse too.

That would be a terrible deal for us. Julio is Gronk receiving production minus the ability to block like a stud OL.

I'd do that trade in a second. Gronk is fantastic, but these players are all about creating matchup problems and space downfield. Julio is more of a problem when it comes to that. Plus, longevity. Who would you bet will still be playing in 4 years?

What about a Julio for Gronk trade?
That be interesting to speculate.
Because of his blocking and already knowing the system and TB12, I'd prefer Gronk.

Jones is a major talent but his cap # for 2019 would need to be re-done and since he seems to be *****ing about $, I don't think it'll happen.

Gronk is fantastic, but these players are all about creating matchup problems and space downfield. Julio is more of a problem when it comes to that.

oh-really-now.gif

I'd do that trade in a second. Gronk is fantastic, but these players are all about creating matchup problems and space downfield. Julio is more of a problem when it comes to that. Plus, longevity. Who would you bet will still be playing in 4 years?
I'll have to disagree with this. Gronk is the most dominating TE of all time. I keep using the Shaq analogy to compare what kind of an impact he's had on the NFL. Shaq was so dominant that the league had to change the rules to give other teams a chance against the Lakers after Phil Jackson came to town. A few years prior, Greg Popovich is famous for the "Hack a Shaq" but the Utah Jazz actually started that. If you were a Lakers fan, it was irritating to watch them slow the game down and it becoming a Shaq free throwing contest.

Gronk is such a dominant force that safeties and LB's have to dive at his legs to have a chance at tackling him. Also, refs let defenders get away with cheap shots on Gronk because he's such a big guy and it doesn't look like much. Like Shaq, there comes a time where those add up and that's why you saw Gronk lose it on the Bills safety this year in Buffalo. You can't jam him at the line or else you'll get embarrassed. Because of this, Gronk gets a ton of attention which opens things up for other guys to make plays. And let's not forget his a great blocker.

Gronk is tougher to defend because there aren't many LB's or S's that are actually good in coverage. Oh, and it was news to me when Jim Nance mentioned that Titans S Kevin Byard was an "All Pro" during the playoff game.

Last edited:
I'd prefer the Josh Gordon contract. Have Browns take JJ. If they give 4 overall that gives them Chubb, after losing Clayborn

Dan Quinn building his D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back