PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman wins SB MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but it was ****ing Gilmore. Edelman had some decent stats but didn't make a single decisive play or anything, I don't think he even caught the ball on the toichdown drive. Gilmore shut down Cooks and recorded an INT that basically sealed the game. He was the best player on the field. It's a ****ing disgrace that they gave the award to an offensive player in a 13-3 game. Sorry, I love Edelman and he played well vut MVP was ****ing Gilmore.

That's what I'm saying. Edelman balled out but Gilmore made the play of the game on top of playing lights out all game.

Gilmore certainly was deserving - there is only one though

Sorry but it was ****ing Gilmore. Edelman had some decent stats but didn't make a single decisive play or anything, I don't think he even caught the ball on the toichdown drive. Gilmore shut down Cooks and recorded an INT that basically sealed the game. He was the best player on the field. It's a ****ing disgrace that they gave the award to an offensive player in a 13-3 game. Sorry, I love Edelman and he played well vut MVP was ****ing Gilmore.

While D was great, this award is for a single person, not a group of players. Edelman kept drives even if those didn’t end in points. It allowed us to win time of possession and was probably the reason their D was gassed and we managed to get strong two drives going for TD and FG. Gilmore was great, but so were the other CB, and the front line and the LBs, and safetys. Basically Edelman’s individual performance was better than Gilmore’s. Unless Gilmore’s award is supposed to be for all D but that’s not how it works.

A little 8 year old girl on tv just summed it up, the squirrel got squirrely

Not sure why the rams chose not to double Edelman, but I am so glad they lost their minds!

Wade Phillips we owe you a huge thank you!

Love how hard he plays and maximizes every play he can.

3 rings in 5 years

The Edelman HOF case will be an interesting one.

For all the regular season stats that don’t add up nearly enough to warrant a spot, his playoff performances are unlike any WR’s that we have ever seen.

While D was great, this award is for a single person, not a group of players. Edelman kept drives even if those didn’t end in points. It allowed us to win time of possession and was probably the reason their D was gassed and we managed to get strong two drives going for TD and FG. Gilmore was great, but so were the other CB, and the front line and the LBs, and safetys. Basically Edelman’s individual performance was better than Gilmore’s. Unless Gilmore’s award is supposed to be for all D but that’s not how it works.

Yes, you're right, offensive players record stats and defensive players, aside from turnovers, do not record stats (and in fact their impact appears as an absence of stats for the opposition). Thanks for that cutting insight. It's almost like a defensive player would be deserving given the fact the Pstriots won 13-3, and the MVP actually did not make any plays that could be readily described as decisive... while Stephon Gilmore did.

The Edelman HOF case will be an interesting one.

For all the regular season stats that don’t add up nearly enough to warrant a spot, his playoff performances are unlike any WR’s that we have ever seen.
It would seem crazy to me that a guy could get into the hall of fame who has only had two 1000 yard seasons. His postseason puts him in the discussion but we will see

very well deserved. The fact that people are actually talking about him and HOF in the same sentence is fantastic !!! Love you JE11 .

Well deserved but so proud of gronk this post season. Guy gave it everything he had. Despite not being the same guy he still made huge plays and blocks all postseason long.

Don’t contest Gilmore’s performance but Edelman was the difference.

Don’t contest Gilmore’s performance but Edelman was the difference.

How so? I'm just curious how someone argues themselves into the belief that the decisive player in a game where the opposing offense didn't score a touchdown was... a guy who made a bunch of catches on drives that ended in punts, the best player on a remarkably ****ty offense. As opposed to the guy who was most responsible for the opposing team ending with 3 points, who also recorded the ultimately game winning play.

Edelman, Gilmore and Van Noy( why is no one mentioning him?) all deserved the MVP.
Hell so did the entire D and the OL.

Edelman, Gilmore and Van Noy( why is no one mentioning him?) all deserved the MVP.
Hell so did the entire D and the OL.

Van Noy played extremely well but Gilmore has the Decisive Play thing that makes him more deserving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back