PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman - Career Punt Return Average Leader

Sciz

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that Edelman has reach the (somewhat arbitrary) 75 returns to qualify for this list, he is now atop the career punt return average list with a 13.0 average. This list is not updated yet, but it gives you an idea of where he fits in:

Player Season Finder Query Results - Pro-Football-Reference.com

So let's just get this out of the way. Edelman is not a "good" punt returner. He is not a "great" punt returner. He's the best in Patriots history, and one of the elite returners in all of NFL history.

Fokkin A!
B, C, and D too!

Edelman all time leader in punt return average

,,,according to Reiss column article about him and Amendola. Apparently, he already had the best average, but his 75th return gave him enough to qualify.

Re: Edelman all time leader in punt return average

,,,according to Reiss column article about him and Amendola. Apparently, he already had the best average, but his 75th return gave him enough to qualify.

In hindsight thank God we signed Edelman. He's the ONLY explosive return man we have.

In hindsight thank God we signed Edelman. He's the ONLY explosive return man we have.

I don't think that's known after one game. We've got Washington and Boyce. I'm actually more optimistic with the KR position since Hobbs, though Tate wasn't bad.

there's already a thread about this, can we merge/delete

I looked, didn't see it.

I don't think that's known after one game. We've got Washington and Boyce. I'm actually more optimistic with the KR position since Hobbs, though Tate wasn't bad.

Did we bring back Washington ?

:)

Thank God we brought back Edelman. He is one of our two reliable wide receivers.

He made a sick catch on the sidelines. The part I loved was when he caught a TD and then was out for kick coverage! Love it,

The guy is a FOOTBALL PLAYER.

Don't forget, he's also our #6 CB! ;)

And #3 QB! Probably the first guy they'd go to if every running back got injured, too!

Re: Re: Julian Edelman - Career Punt Return Average Leader

What he said! Let's not forget this is the guy they benched WWW for at the beginning of last season. Lets hope he stays healthy!

Julian really offers alot for 700k, can't believe another team didn't offer him more.

I knew he was the best punt returner I've seen in a Pats uniform, but I'm surprised he's at the top of the all time list. Congrats, Julian.

Edelman = Edelgood

I prefer Edelgod.

I hope this shuts up all the people who jeered and booed him all throughout the offseason, saying he was what he was by his fifth year and that he had no shot of being a starter.

The primary issue with Edelman is his durability. If that weren't an issue, the patriots would have signed him to a long term deal at reasonable money, after competition from other teams for his services. As it is, we took a chance and signed him, hoping that we can get enough production out of him before he is injured to make him worth the cost. Clearly, he his production today was worth quite a lot. A healthy Edelman is worth a long-term deal as a punt returner and a #4 or #5 WR. The fact that the quality of our receivers makes him #2 or #3 is a bonus.

I prefer Edelgod.

I hope this shuts up all the people who jeered and booed him all throughout the offseason, saying he was what he was by his fifth year and that he had no shot of being a starter.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back