PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jules wants out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would take a lot less hits in Tampa since Brady would have Evans, Godwin, Brate, Howard as targets

Why do people keep taking this suggestion seriously? Exactly 0 people in this thread legitimately believe that trade could happen. We're literally all joking.

Except maybe Chris...
What about Edelman and a third for Godwin?

Tampa would be wise to make it happen for any draft pick price. They are clearly going for the gold, but have a small window of opportunity. JE11 would help out much more than a rookie.

I wouldn’t give a third rounder for Edelman never mind a second.

look at Welker. All world here... not really in Denver

Welker had concussion issues in Denver but still caught 73 passes for 10 TDs in 2013 in one of the most prolific offenses of all-time. Edelman's still playing at a high level and has an extremely team-friendly contract.

He also runs different routes than Godwin. That said, not sure he fits the Arians offense.

3t94yb.jpg

I hate this. Hate. Hate. Hate.

Its a year early before I expected JE to be kicked to the curb.

Hopefully BB can find a way to get him to buy in for one more year.

If not....hes gone.
What! Are you not excited about the Edelman’s replacement that BB will bring in ?

Tampa probably doesn't want him and we should keep him. Have to give people something for their money's worth?

If he wants to go, make him happy. Better than him getting stretched out for a hospital ball by Stid the Stud over the middle on 1st and 10.

Pats should trade him to Tampa. Everybody wins.

If there's one thing we learned from last season, it's to let the malcontents go. You have a much better chance of winning with 52 guys moving in one direction, with a common goal.

You'd have to let him walk, no one will give up even a 3rd rounder, especially not Tampa with their current WRs.

Tampa probably doesn't want him and we should keep him. Have to give people something for their money's worth?
Why wouldn't they want him?

Take off Edelman you have

Sanu - Coming off a bottom 25 WR season in the last 30 years according to Yards/tgt, min 20 catches
Harry - Same as above, except couldn't even get 20 catches. Took to use him in running plays to get him involved.
Meyers - Better stats, untrained "eye-test" looked better, but benched for the 2 above for some reason

Tight ends - Who do we even have, players sucked so bad/got hurt can't even think of them. Last year this was a bottom 5 group.

So certainly going into the season this has to be the worst grouping in the NFL.
That’s the glass half empty way to look at it. Glass half full would say:
Sanu- Full offseason in the system and will have an opportunity to build chemistry with whoever our QB is. Also won’t be playing on one ankle.

Harry-Full offseason. Healthy. No longer a rookie. Will be playing more decisive. Won’t have the fear of returning to the huddle to a pissed off Brady.

Meyers-Another full offseason in the system. No longer a rookie. Play more decisive.

Byrd-Will take over return duties. When healthy (fingers crossed) proven burner that will be a solid #4 or #5 option.

Gunner-Not ready to give up on him yet and hope he comes in this year bigger, faster, stronger. Would love to hear reports that his route running has improved and can maybe jump into the slot.

TE’s-Uhhhhh. I honestly can’t be even remotely positive with this unit right now. Izzo & LaCosse? Oof.

All in all, with another rookie or two added, maybe some additional cheap fa’s, this unit could be very solid. Truth be told, both of our views are probably right in some form or the other. Glass won’t be half full or half empty, it’ll just be a glass with some sh!t in it. ;)

Most of the OL will be back, and the same solid stable of RB’s. That’s before the draft and any additional signings that will be coming through towards/during the summer. If QB situation is above average and we can shore up the TE position to be somewhat serviceable, I think we’ll be alright.

Why wouldn't they want him?
Not for a draft pick when they have a slot receiver. If he were released that's a different story. Unless the pats would take a 5th or something like that. If a team actually offers a 2nd I think BB takes it immediately. Not sure who would.

Not for a draft pick when they have a slot receiver. If he were released that's a different story. Unless the pats would take a 5th or something like that. If a team actually offers a 2nd I think BB takes it immediately. Not sure who would.
I don't consider Goodwin a pure slot WR nor do I consider JE a pure slot WR. They would be fine together.

The need WR3 after the big guys and JE would be perfect.

I don't consider Goodwin a pure slot WR nor do I consider JE a pure slot WR. They would be fine together.

The need WR3 after the big guys and JE would be perfect.
Do you see them giving up a 2nd rounder for him? Even a 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3