PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon Stepping Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas

Actually the opposite is what happened. One of the posters who quit on the team (not talking about mere negativity as the posts I re-posted clearly shows) then started calling out fans who didn't agree with his viewpoint, even going to the point of calling those of us pink hats. I'm simply showing those posts for what they represent, quitting.
Merry Xmas to you as well!

So it appears that he shook Kraftys crack squad of security people during the bye week? Is this worse than not paying Deon Branch? Who the fck did he hire to watch Gordon? Larry, Moe and Curly? Or was it Larry, Moe and Shemp since it was cheaper?
No agenda here. The exact antithesis of post #1029. .Merry Christmas.

Drug addicts will find a way to use drugs. I have a family member who was in the hospital going through detox. He had his a supply in the actual hospital room unbeknownst to everyone and was still using. Earlier this year he overdosed, was brought back to life, released from the hospital, and permanently dead within 24 hours from another overdose.

I have someone close to me who is a perfectly normal, incredible person otherwise, who consistently lies to me about drug use/drug supply. Lies directly to my face again and again even when clearly caught in the lie.

You can’t blame security and watchers. Drug users are smart and manipulative; they are always concocting plans to get their drugs and play on sympathy, a shred of trust, etc. And it’s not like you can lock the man in a straight jacket and take away his phone when he isn’t playing.

I also want to point out they alcohol is about as bad as “the bad drugs.” It is flaunted all the time at social events, advertises everywhere, etc. It works the same way as the stuff we associate with junkies and causes the same addictions, withdrawals, etc. It is also the very thing that often leads people back into the addiction lifestyle. Society should be more aware of alcohol’s grave danger to many people and stop using drinking as a normal social routine. It’s fine if people want to drink, but many people at holiday parties, normal social gathering, etc, are going to suffer badly, along with everyone around them. Saying no in those situations is incredibly difficult and embarrassing.

Addiction isn’t always a back alley IV needle fix.
I am closely related to a functional alcoholic and it has always baffled me how advertising cigarettes has been illegal for decades and yet we allow alcohol companies to advertise anywhere, anytime.

Drug addicts will find a way to use drugs. I have a family member who was in the hospital going through detox. He had his a supply in the actual hospital room unbeknownst to everyone and was still using. Earlier this year he overdosed, was brought back to life, released from the hospital, and permanently dead within 24 hours from another overdose.

I have someone close to me who is a perfectly normal, incredible person otherwise, who consistently lies to me about drug use/drug supply. Lies directly to my face again and again even when clearly caught in the lie.

You can’t blame security and watchers. Drug users are smart and manipulative; they are always concocting plans to get their drugs and play on sympathy, a shred of trust, etc. And it’s not like you can lock the man in a straight jacket and take away his phone when he isn’t playing.

I also want to point out they alcohol is about as bad as “the bad drugs.” It is flaunted all the time at social events, advertises everywhere, etc. It works the same way as the stuff we associate with junkies and causes the same addictions, withdrawals, etc. It is also the very thing that often leads people back into the addiction lifestyle. Society should be more aware of alcohol’s grave danger to many people and stop using drinking as a normal social routine. It’s fine if people want to drink, but many people at holiday parties, normal social gathering, etc, are going to suffer badly, along with everyone around them. Saying no in those situations is incredibly difficult and embarrassing.

Addiction isn’t always a back alley IV needle fix.

I'm sorry this is happening to you.

I am closely related to a functional alcoholic and it has always baffled me how advertising cigarettes has been illegal for decades and yet we allow alcohol companies to advertise anywhere, anytime.
I'm closely related to 2 people who literally killed themselves with cigarettes. At least your close relative is still functioning.

I'm closely related to 2 people who literally killed themselves with cigarettes. At least your close relative is still functioning.
Here in the South it's common for people to still smoke. I have multiple relatives who do. It's mind-boggling and sad.

My grandmother smoked 2 packs of Pall Malls a day for decades. Couldn't stop.

There will be some changes as there are any year. Off-season roster moves do not indicate that he thinks an entire roster is a mistake as you suggested.

You're being literal for the sake of being literal. I suspect it's because you were getting clobbered and just decided to cherry pick one part out of the post as you're clinging for dear life. You're smart enough to understand that I'm not talking about the entire roster, yes? Or do you think I'm beating the drum for the team to replace Brady, Edelman, the entire OL (save Cannon), Michel, White, Flowers, Wise, Hightower, KVN, Jackson, Gilmore, Devin, Harmon, Chung, etc? Of course not. You'd have to have Down Syndrome in order to think that. But I do believe that key parts of the roster he already recognizes as mistakes. Those would include, going back to the start of this conversation, the flanker and split end and DT (two bodies there would be my estimation), among others.

Last edited:
You're being literal for the sake of being literal. I suspect it's because you were getting clobbered and just decided to cherry pick one part out of the post as you're clinging for dear life. You're smart enough to understand that I'm not talking about the entire roster, yes? Or do you think I'm beating the drum for the team to replace Brady, Edelman, the entire OL (save Cannon), Michel, White, Flowers, Wise, Hightower, KVN, Jackson, Gilmore, Devin, Harmon, Chung, etc? Of course not. You'd have to have Down Syndrome in order to think that. But I do believe that key parts of the roster he already recognizes as mistakes. Those would include, going back to the start of this conversation, the flanker and split end and DT (two bodies there would be my estimation), among others.

Yeah but I wouldn’t call what you’re saying “wholesale changes”. More like normal market buying with a couple middlemen.

Yeah but I wouldn’t call what you’re saying “wholesale changes”. More like normal market buying with a couple middlemen.

Completely reinventing two position groupings qualifies as wholesale changes. That's what the Pats will have to do in the offseason (and that's not including what happens with Gronk/the TE position).

Completely reinventing two position groupings qualifies as wholesale changes. That's what the Pats will have to do in the offseason (and that's not including what happens with Gronk/the TE position).

Well I don’t see it that way, but any further debate is just around how one defines “wholesale”, which seems like a waste of a fine vacation day.

Well I don’t see it that way, but any further debate is just around how one defines “wholesale”, which seems like a waste of a fine vacation day.

You're lucky. I had to go back to work.

I'm taking you literal because your making large sweeping statements. Despite the bolded group above you have determined the season is over so why would I think you want to build around the team you've quit on moving forward?

I'm taking you literal because your making large sweeping statements. Despite the bolded group above you have determined the season is over so why would I think you want to build around the team you've quit on moving forward?

You've quit on it too if we're using your definition. It only took one simple question/comparison to make you question whether or not you truly believe this team is winning a Super Bowl. Browns fans, every single one of them, quit on their team before the year even starts. Jets fans have all quit on their team in recent years as well. All of them. Bills fans all quit before the season starts as well. Showing up to the stadium is just a formality. Shall I go on? Pick another topic, bud. You can't keep up when discussing actual football (defensive line shading to one side lmaooooooooo) and you're getting badly hammered while even trying to attack me on a personal level. Quitting on your football team means that you've completely given up on them to where you don't watch the games and/or actively root for another squad. Nobody in this thread is doing that. People are merely pointing to the various weaknesses on the team and casting doubt on their ability to win the Super Bowl as a result.

You've quit on it too if we're using your definition. It only took one simple question/comparison to make you question whether or not you truly believe this team is winning a Super Bowl. Browns fans, every single one of them, quit on their team before the year even starts. Jets fans have all quit on their team in recent years as well. All of them. Bills fans all quit before the season starts as well. Showing up to the stadium is just a formality. Shall I go on? Pick another topic, bud. You can't keep up when discussing actual football (defensive line shading to one side lmaooooooooo) and you're getting badly hammered while even trying to attack me on a personal level. Quitting on your football team means that you've completely given up on them to where you don't watch the games and/or actively root for another squad. Nobody in this thread is doing that. People are merely pointing to the various weaknesses on the team and casting doubt on their ability to win the Super Bowl as a result.
You keep using that word I do not think it means what you think it means.

I think this team has an excellent chance at winning the title. And you will not find a quote of mine that indicates otherwise.

U8e38EI.gif

I've only read the last 2 pages here so if anything I say is redundant sorry about that.

First I'm wondering if the league has said anything about a failed drug test yet?

Secondly, I have a god daughter who I have helped over the years try and get off a deep oxy addiction brought on by severe back problems. Nothing seems to help. In just 2 pages I read several posts by people having the same frustrating and painful experiences as I have had. That just in TWO pages of a 53 page thread.

The fact is we are doing very little to stem this addiction. Why? The answer is simple, there is just too much money to be made from OTHER people's misery. While we have sent THOUSANDS of users and small time dealers to prison, not a SINGLE drug company executive or big distributor has even been indicted despite massive amounts of evidence that they have sent vastly inappropriate amounts of these killer drugs all over the country. The fact is that they are EVERY bit complicit in this problem as any cartel or dealer.

This epidemic has been expanding for years now. Everyone knows about it. Politicians have beaten their chests on the topic, yet really nothing of note has been done.

I've only read the last 2 pages here so if anything I say is redundant sorry about that.

First I'm wondering if the league has said anything about a failed drug test yet?

Secondly, I have a god daughter who I have helped over the years try and get off a deep oxy addiction brought on by severe back problems. Nothing seems to help. In just 2 pages I read several posts by people having the same frustrating and painful experiences as I have had. That just in TWO pages of a 53 page thread.

The fact is we are doing very little to stem this addiction. Why? The answer is simple, there is just too much money to be made from OTHER people's misery. While we have sent THOUSANDS of users and small time dealers to prison, not a SINGLE drug company executive or big distributor has even been indicted despite massive amounts of evidence that they have sent vastly inappropriate amounts of these killer drugs all over the country. The fact is that they are EVERY bit complicit in this problem as any cartel or dealer.

This epidemic has been expanding for years now. Everyone knows about it. Politicians have beaten their chests on the topic, yet really nothing of note has been done.

Sorry to hear that Ken. Best to you and your Goddaughter.

For what it’s worth, in states where marijuana has been legalized, opioid problems have been reduced. I believe one way to treat this epidemic is to start by making it legal nationwide and also in the NFL. I bet DW Toys doesn’t agree though.

You keep using that word I do not think it means what you think it means.

I think this team has an excellent chance at winning the title. And you will not find a quote of mine that indicates otherwise.

U8e38EI.gif

I already have. Your use of the word "maybe." That was in response to why other teams led by Belichick and Brady didn't win the Super Bowl in other years. It indicates some level of doubt in their chances. Otherwise, why would you have it as a qualifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore