PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Johnny Damon is a New York Yankee

Status
Not open for further replies.
emoney_33 said:
damon was not the face of the red sox.

You're right. He was the hair. His Dunkin' Donuts commercials will be missed.

yes he will start to go down as bernie did

but, RIGHT NOW he is the BEST leadoff hitter in baseball, period.

and we just lost that

AND the yankees just gained that

he'll prob have two very good years, and then start deteriorating

we MUST get coco crisp now

hes only 26, to johnnys 32

one thing i always hated about johnny, he seemed to not care about the game, to not realize the importance of it

overall though im very upset

while he wont be great in the second half of the contract four years was not bad for him, five was too much, seven was obviously just to try and get some offers of five
but four was fine
in a perfect world we could get him for two or three, but four really wasnt bad, and we shouldve been willing to up the price to 13 per for the best leadoff hitter in baseball, that goes with one of the best gloves in center

and i hate when the mgmt gives bs that "johnny is our number one priority, we're just looking at other guys in case" thats bull and everyone knows it

There goes any shot of football talk on sportsradio the rest of the week! :mad:

The Sox should sign Mickey Rivers. Same age as Damon, but better arm strength. $52M guaranteed? Dang, that is alot of cake for somebody that age.

Yeah, we got rid of him at exactly the right time, his career is all downhill from here...just like that Clemens guy. :rolleyes:

Tunescribe...

Tunescribe said:
Another Desperate Housewife has flown the coop. And you posted this innocuous news on the Patriots forum because .... ?

Tunes, no offense, but it seems like you're not a Sox fan or care about them, but most of us do...

Most of us are die-hard New Englanders and we root for ALL the local teams - Celtics, Bruins, Pats & Sox - so THIS IS BIG NEWS TO US!

Just don't read Red Sox related posts if it bothers you so much...

ADPF

Last edited:
Bostonian1962 said:
The Sox should sign Mickey Rivers. Same age as Damon, but better arm strength. $52M guaranteed? Dang, that is alot of cake for somebody that age.

I totally agree!

$13m for a 32 year old with a weak arm?

Im love Johnny, don't get me wrong, and he might the best leadoff hitter in baseball after Ichiro Suzuki, but I thought the 4 years, $10m the Sox offered him was too much!

The only distressing thing about this is that we now have no center fielder...

The Sox could:

a) go after Jay Payton again and give him the playing time he b!tched about last year (although I don't Francona would have him after his temper-tantrums last season)...

b) Trade David the Donut Wells to San Diego for Dave Roberts and let him start...

I wish they'd have grabbed Juan Pierre from the Marlins before the Cubs got him...

ADPF

Isn't there a Red Sox forum elswhere where this mindless Sox Talk can be posted? May I suggest to those machochistic Sox fans who just love wallowing in misery and following self-absorbed spoiled multi-millionaires who miss games because of hangnails, go listen to WEEI 24/7 or read the ownership Globe for Sox 365.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Isn't there a Red Sox forum elswhere where this mindless Sox Talk can be posted? May I suggest to those machochistic Sox fans who just love wallowing in misery and following self-absorbed spoiled multi-millionaires who miss games because of hangnails, go listen to WEEI 24/7 or read the ownership Globe for Sox 365.

Yea, but the really hot news shows up on the main board first, then migrates...

Not too worry, the Pats/Sox fans still love the Pats...

We can entertain more than one thought (and interest, and loyalty) at once!

LOL!

ADPF

The reaction on the MBS I've wandered around to ranged from "Who cares? This is a terrible deal for the Yankees" to "WTF!!!! I HATE HIM NOW. I HOPE HE BREAKS HIS LEGS AND ARMS."

Personally, while I don't think he should have gone around saying things like "I'll never go to the Yankees", that's an awful lot of money and the guy IS 32. He is cashing out while he can. Since many believe his skills are not as they once were, it's probably not the end of the world EXCEPT for the fact that he was kind of who many people thought of when they thought of the Sox. Well, he was one of the people they thought of. He may not have been THE face of the Sox, but he was A face. I really liked him.

My feelings remain mixed.

What is this the WEEI forum? Take it to the Red Sox forum puh-lease. And take this
schilling.jpg
ass clown with you. :D

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Tunes, no offense, but it seems like you're not a Sox fan or care about them, but most of us do...

Most of us are die-hard New Englanders and we root for ALL the local teams - Celtics, Bruins, Pats & Sox - so THIS IS BIG NEWS TO US!

Just don't read Red Sox related posts if it bothers you so much...

ADPF

But, there is a Red Sox forum here. If you love the Sox so much than you all can post to your hearts content there. It's a slippery slope allowing so many OT posts in here. Especially when there is a forum set up for the topic. Should people start posting a lot of political threads here too because they are political junkies?

Michael said:
But, there is a Red Sox forum here. If you love the Sox so much than you all can post to your hearts content there. It's a slippery slope allowing so many OT posts in here. Especially when there is a forum set up for the topic. Should people start posting a lot of political threads here too because they are political junkies?

I am a huge resox fan and like discussing them, but i agree with you. Definetly wanna keep this pats board all about the pats. If you want to discuss sox, head over to sonsofsamhorn.com. Thats a very good red sox site.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
I am a huge resox fan and like discussing them, but i agree with you. Definetly wanna keep this pats board all about the pats. If you want to discuss sox, head over to sonsofsamhorn.com. Thats a very good red sox site.

yea it is, you try reading all the posts there and it's like reading a novel. there's a new post every second

A Christmas Blessing

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Boston, a Savior from the soap opera that is the the Boston “Desperate Housewives†Red Sox, which is THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the Vince Lombardi trophy wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in Bill Belichick’s office. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to the World’s Greatest TEAM, and on Earth peace, good will toward men…. Except Peyton Manning'".

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.â€

Attachments

• bru.jpg
    bru.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
MrTumnus said:
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Boston, a Savior from the soap opera that is the the Boston “Desperate Housewives†Red Sox, which is THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the Vince Lombardi trophy wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in Bill Belichick’s office. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to the World’s Greatest TEAM, and on Earth peace, good will toward men…. Except Peyton Manning'".

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.â€

:D Very good. I may have to borrow that.

Go AWAY!#!&!

PatsSaintsSox said:
Ya, this is gonna be bernie williams all over again for the yankees, the sox FO did a great job not giving in to Scott Borus and paying a ton of money for an elderly man like JD... :D ...as much as i like JD as a Leadoff hitter, he is declining on defence, he is not getting the jumps on fly balls that he did before the Damion Jackson collision...overall the sox have 13 million to play with for 4 years that they would not have had if they had inked JD, plus the last 2 years of the contract JD signed with the yanks will prac. be dead weight...

ps...all the people that are saying what is up with all the red sox talk...why cant yall just skip to the next thread, its not that big of a deal...

And why don't you LEAVE and go post on the RED SOX BOARDS ?!? I for one don't CARE about the soap opera on Yawkey Way. Besides its only 85 years to go until it even merits notice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back