PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Johnny Damon is a New York Yankee

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS BS. Friggin Morons.

good thing im not a sox fan, or that might of pissed me off :p

Go pirates. the worst team ever!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a baseball fan, but I like Damon. He seemed like the heart of the team. Hope this doesn't pan out. Otherwise, the Sox could be in for a long year.

i hope when he comes to fenway they boo the **** out of that phoney piece of sh it .screw him

Another Desperate Housewife has flown the coop. And you posted this innocuous news on the Patriots forum because .... ?

Tunescribe said:
Another Desperate Housewife has flown the coop. And you posted this innocuous news on the Patriots forum because .... ?

To deliberately entice you post again, why else? BTW......where have you been lately??

Bill's Girl said:
To deliberately entice you post again, why else? BTW......where have you been lately??

Suffering through my annual bout of season affective disorder and pre-holiday blues ... Thanks for asking.

damon is on the downswing of his career. The yankees overpaid for him. The redsox will probably get coco crisp who will put up similar numbers and in a couple years when damon is deteriorating he will be putting up better numbers. I'm a sox fan and don't really care much that Damon went to NY. He's a baseball player and 99% of them just want money and will go to highest bidder for most years since it's guaranteed money.

Let the yankees overpay for another guy on the wrong side of their career

emoney_33 said:
Let the yankees overpay for another guy on the wrong side of their career
Hope your right.

Are we still talking baseball? Seriously?

yawn

Tunescribe said:
Suffering through my annual bout of season affective disorder and pre-holiday blues ... Thanks for asking.

Well, SNAP out of it!!! We need your sarcasam Tunie! :D

MrTibbs said:

Two things - 1, Stienbreiner only offered him the big bucks to get him, just to screw over the Sox... can you say "Obsessed"? 2, Going from occasional good hitter with a weak arm at center field in Bernie Willaims to, well, an occasional good hitter with a weak arm at center field in Damon doesn't look like much of an upgrade to me... oh well.

Johnny played his good years with us. Now he'll fade away with te Yankees, and never get another ring but lots more money. His choice.

People who don't understand even the slightest nuance of baseball probably shouldn't be killing the Red Sox for letting a breaking down Damon go for 4 years, 52 mill. That's an awful deal for a guy who is this-close to becoming the next Bernie Williams. Smart non-sign by Sawx. Just watch.

I hope your right but there is this thing called chemistry. He was the face of the Red Sox like it or not.

Ya, this is gonna be bernie williams all over again for the yankees, the sox FO did a great job not giving in to Scott Borus and paying a ton of money for an elderly man like JD... :D ...as much as i like JD as a Leadoff hitter, he is declining on defence, he is not getting the jumps on fly balls that he did before the Damion Jackson collision...overall the sox have 13 million to play with for 4 years that they would not have had if they had inked JD, plus the last 2 years of the contract JD signed with the yanks will prac. be dead weight...

ps...all the people that are saying what is up with all the red sox talk...why cant yall just skip to the next thread, its not that big of a deal...

damon was not the face of the red sox.

The red sox will probably go get coco crisp who is younger, cheaper and probably will perform at least as well as Damon.

re:

The Red Sox just lost Jesus!! Forget about WWJD, what will the Red Sox do now?

Just kidding people, this is not really a cause for concern. J.Damon will replace Bernie as another aging, deteriorating center fielder for the Yankees.

Johnny, man, thanks for the memories, you were truly a character and had some big moments as well.

I don't blame you for leaving. The NYY gave you an offer that was 12 million higher than anyone else could have matched.

I will applaud you when you enter Fenway for the first time next year, but after that you will be considered the enemy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back