Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This guy just bugs the hell out of me with his smug demeanor and contrived sideline display behavior. How he lasted nine years in Carolina and landed the Denver job at two games over .500 for his coaching career (now 81-79) is anyone's guess. Once Tebow mania runs its course he'll be back at the bottom of the coaching heap. I'm just glad BB more or less owns him.

This guy just bugs the hell out of me with his smug demeanor and contrived sideline display behavior. How he lasted nine years in Carolina and landed the Denver job at two games over .500 for his coaching career (now 81-79) is anyone's guess. Once Tebow mania runs its course he'll be back at the bottom of the coaching heap. I'm just glad BB more or less owns him.[/QUOT

He is an arrogant shifty eyed pompus sob. imagesCAMCRLRN.jpg

I think he's not bad all... he's more of an old school coach and speaks well.

I'm looking forward to watching him throw out dumb challenge flags on the weekend wasting the Broncos' timeouts.

I think he's not bad all... he's more of an old school coach and speaks well.

He's "old school" (defense/running game) because he's not bright or innovative enough to be "new school." But first and foremost he's a j-e-r-k.

He's "old school" (defense/running game) because he's not bright or innovative enough to be "new school." But first and foremost he's a j-e-r-k.

He's well respected and the team loves playing for him. He is the ultimate "players coach." The same cannot be said for McDaniels. I think McD is extremely bright when it comes to x's and o's, but he wasn't well liked in the locker room. I think he will be a great head coach one day, I just think he needs to mature a little bit. Fox is definitely old school but I find it refreshing in a pass heavy league. I feel McCoy and Fox have been very innovative and flexible when it comes to Tebow. Not many coaches are willing to retool the entire offense to suit one players strengths. In my opinion he deserves coach of the year consideration.

He's well respected and the team loves playing for him. He is the ultimate "players coach." The same cannot be said for McDaniels. I think McD is extremely bright when it comes to x's and o's, but he wasn't well liked in the locker room. I think he will be a great head coach one day, I just think he needs to mature a little bit. Fox is definitely old school but I find it refreshing in a pass heavy league. I feel McCoy and Fox have been very innovative and flexible when it comes to Tebow. Not many coaches are willing to retool the entire offense to suit one players strengths. In my opinion he deserves coach of the year consideration.

The fact you're a Broncos fan suggests this post be taken with a block of salt. But a few things beg response: if he's not yet "mature" at age 56 after 10 seasons as head coach, he'll likely never get there. His teams don't pass because they can't, and the "re-tooling" for Tebow was more an act of desperation than inspiration with the season all but written off. Cutting Orton was stupid. Coach of the Year -- you must be joking.

I wouldn't call BB owning John Fox except for maybe the most recent game. In fact they always played competitive when with the Panthers, splitting the regular season record with the Panthers, in the pre-season and of course losing in the Super Bowl by 3, but I don't think either coach or either team outdid the other as opponents. John Fox is a class act and I'm a huge fan of his even though Panthers seem to be content on disrespecting him. He is smug to the media as he should be but he is very much like Bill in his ability to appreciate what makes good players and good team chemistry.

In fact I was just going to post this. Great interview.

Q: What is your regard for Tom Brady as a quarterback? Not just currently, but in the history of football.

JF: Well I think we've competed many times and you know you brought up that nice one in '03, well '04 calendar year, so that kind of states what I think of him.

Q: Pain in the ass?

JF: Well, in a good way. That's being very respectful.

John Fox Conference Call Transcript

I don't agree at all with what the Panthers did. To tell the guy you're going to let him go, take away his ability to sign vets, which is what he believes in and makes his teams work, much like Bill, but still tell him to coach another year and make do while effectively going against his philosophy.

"You know Fox, you have no future in Carolina unlike what we promised, we're going to gut this team and use it for political purposes for the labor negotiations, take away your money and signing ability, get rid of your best players, and go in a different direction after this year...but in the mean time here's Jimmy and uh....try to win some games, alright?"

Who does that?

Ironically Fox is in the playoffs with another quarterback who apparently can't pass yet here they are setting OT records while winning and passing. Carolina's improved to a whopping 6-9. Delhomme, another pretty good 4th quarter comeback quarterback, is even in the playoffs as a back-up. And Moore had a much better season in Miami and Fox could be argued as almost being strong-armed to bench Moore in favor of Clausen just to prove to everyone he knew damn well Moore was the better man for the job and most rookies suck.

None of Carolina's plans turned out great, except for the overzealous fans who get excited about an inefficient high scoring offense and a bunch of rookie records and the "we're a young team" talk is getting really old. I'm afraid Carolina's on a run where they have found themselves a good enough QB and offense that will continuously sell tickets but will kind of be like your Greatest Show on Turf/Cowboys/current Eagles/old Packers type team and Cam Newton will be something along the lines of Tony Romo, Bret Farve in his late career. In addition a very nice, but inexperienced player's coach which while great as a person, usually don't tend to do as good as your more stuck up arrogant types. Good enough to put up the numbers, good enough for Cam to remain the starter for years, but never having what it takes at this level to lead a team to a winning playoff record and super bowl wins. Can't handle objective criticism and 4th quarter pressure when having to come back from behind and apparently that's rubbing off on the entire fan base. You will never hear a John Fox quarterback, especially a newcomer, call his veteran team mates on national TV or proclaiming he's there to change a losing mentality. It's disgusting. Not to mention penalties. John Fox teams are never this undisciplined.

Despite what they say in Carolina, they talk winning, but they show the opposite, to the trained eye. All of their moves showed they don't want to win, but rather they want to sell tickets while taking about winning. Tebow had more competition with Orton for the starting job then Newton ever did in Carolina. He was given the keys to the franchise before he really fought for it and earned it. They had no intention of having a winning season this year. They were prepared to lose and blow it on the development of Newton from the start while other teams with rookie QB's did whatever it took to win and make it.

But anyway, as far as Denver/Pats go, Foxball is usually a really good answer to Patriots ball. Best way to beat the Pats isn't to try to outscore them or outrun them, but to slow the game down, throw the rhythm off, and make it a yawn worthy, very basic, game. Then once they get you playing their game, they can beat you.

And for people that think Fox does what he does out of a matter of personal choice, they are only half right and the other half they don't know what they are talking about. See the Panthers 03, 05 and 08 seasons when they had the personnel to be a passing team. Fox isn't stupid to try to be something his players are not. He's old school because both times he's had the job of having to do your best with what you got.

Nothing about the 03, 08 or 05 Panthers, where Steve Smith earned a triple crown as a receiver, was old school. I figured Pats remembered the pass-heavy Super Bowl that broke records back in 2003 both in the books and in the media. When his teams clicked they were very potent and could score 30+ points as easily as anyone but he usually also had the type of defense that they never really needed to.

When Fox manages to put his ideal team together it ends up looking very much like NY Giants and the 02-03-04 Patriots. A balanced pass/run team with the ability to throw the deep ball pretty consistently. He likes two good deep threats, but for many years in Carolina after they traded Muhammad they could never find #2, and to this day still don't have him. Tebow offers some new twists and it's probably something new for Fox, but I would argue, it would be new for BB as well.

Last edited:
The fact you're a Broncos fan suggests this post be taken with a block of salt. But a few things beg response: if he's not yet "mature" at age 56 after 10 seasons as head coach, he'll likely never get there. His teams don't pass because they can't, and the "re-tooling" for Tebow was more an act of desperation than inspiration with the season all but written off. Cutting Orton was stupid. Coach of the Year -- you must be joking.

He's talking about JMcD needed to mature, not Fox..

1.) Talking about McDaniels not Fox.

2.) The team looked pretty good passing against the #1 pass D on Sunday

3.) Orton crumbles under pressure. As a Broncos fan I got to experience this for 2.25 seasons. Cutting Orton and starting Tebow is why I am posting here today and not thinking about the Broncos drafting RGIII or Trent Richardson.

4.)A lot of analysts believe he should be considered for coach of the year. Taking a 4-12 team to the Divisional round playoffs in one year is quite the accomplishment. Do you not agree?

Last edited:
I have never had an issue with John Fox. Maybe I have not been looking though.

Fox, during the Pats game, reminded me of Perk (who, in his mind, has yet to commit a foul in his career). Complaining and acting like an ***clown about every effing call that went against his team, no matter how obvious and blatant it was.

Last edited:
This guy just bugs the hell out of me with his smug demeanor and contrived sideline display behavior. How he lasted nine years in Carolina and landed the Denver job at two games over .500 for his coaching career (now 81-79) is anyone's guess. Once Tebow mania runs its course he'll be back at the bottom of the coaching heap. I'm just glad BB more or less owns him.
I agree, can't stand this guy and his sideline behavior. He takes every penalty as a personal attack like his team isn't capable of committing a foul. i'd take rex's temper tantrums over this douch bag, and thats saying a lot.

he seems like an ok guy to me.

Fox, during the Pats game, reminded me of Perk (who, in his mind, has yet to commit a foul in his career). Complaining and acting like an ***clown about every effing call that went against his team, no matter how obvious and blatant it was.

Sounds like every WR in the league.

Fox is coaching in a different time period than us... running all game and only passing 100 yards per game wont win anything

Fox is coaching in a different time period than us... running all game and only passing 100 yards per game wont win anything

well you have to understand, to fox's credit, he knows the best chance for his team to win, is to use their nfl leading ground game combined with their very good pass rush/secondary, in concert with a limited passing game to minimize turnovers.

denver has the kind of defense that when they don't turn the ball over, they will be in just about every game they play, even without a passing game.

new england was able to force some very key turnovers in the ne @ denver game, which helped to open up a very close 1st half game.

judging by the first playoff game, it looks like denver's playing with a little more abandon, and not sitting back like they did for just about all of tebow's regular season starts

now i can see denver trying to approach the NE game like they did vs pitt, try and expand tebow's role and have him throw more on NE's secondary.

i can see NE having a problem with denver, but only if they can't force turnovers

my money's on belichik though......but at this point, with that denver D, and NE's recent track record , i won't be surprised either way.

here's another thing to think about as well

denver looks like the best matchup vs GB, if somehow both teams get to the SB

I've never had a problem with John Fox. Based on my understanding on how his time in CAR went, I thought he did a good job and once ownership started to meddle and eventually fracture due to power-grabs and money issues he did a good job. They wouldn't let him sign FAs and a fmr player as an owner did not help matters.

Overall I think he is a good coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick