PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joejuan Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah that's nice and all but imagine if we had double dipped for either A.J. Brown - DK Metcalf or Terry McLaurin. Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

Preseason:

Williams 3/12 21 yards 39.6 rating
Cowart 2 sacks 2 hits 5 hurries

In many of the early 2010s seasons Williams probably would have been thrown to the wolves as CB2. Instead he's probably good enough to play but stuck behind the best CB foursome in a long time.

The D has talented rookies as inactive 3rd stringers & the offense is starting the likes of Newhouse & Izzo. Is what it is.

Preseason:

In many of the early 2010s seasons Williams probably would have been thrown to the wolves as CB2. Instead he's probably good enough to play but stuck behind the best CB foursome in a long time.

The D has talented rookies as inactive 3rd stringers & the offense is starting the likes of Newhouse & Izzo. Is what it is.

I think if Williams was thrown in as CB2 the same way Izzo was as Gronk's replacement, you would have similar comments about him.

Preseason:

It really isn't as dumb as you might think it is.

Coverage is the most important trait in the NFL. If somebody gets injured we have a very capable player to step in and our cover ability shouldn't suffer.

Last edited:
It really isn't as dumb as you might think it is.

Coverage is the most important trait in the NFL. If somebody gets injured we have a very capable player to step in and our cover ability shouldn't suffer.

Ya don't think it's dumb. It's great to have this level of depth at corner.

Yeah that's nice and all but imagine if we had double dipped for either A.J. Brown - DK Metcalf or Terry McLaurin. Things that make you go Hmmmmm.
I hear you, but I'm over that. I'd rather BB continue trying to get players on D. They won't always hit, but there are lotsa homegrown guys on that side of the ball atm. And in this world of O, it's fun to stop teams. And it brings home the trophy.

KC has so so many weapons. Imagine if we had all those weapons, people say. So what ? I don't want weapons. I want Lombardis.

Crazy thought. What about Williams at strong safety? Could certainly cover the TE with his height. Also Chung is 32 we need to start developing his replacement.

I thought he was brought on because McCourty and Chung are not going to be here for long.

Ya don't think it's dumb. It's great to have this level of depth at corner.
For the better part of a decade, the Offense covered the defensive cracks. Given the current issues on O, having an elite Defense covering the offensive cracks is most welcome and oh so important.

Collosal waste of a pick...

That’s an exaggeration and a half. He was always going to be fifth on the depth chart this season behind several very good players and he won’t see significant playing time unless someone is injured or next season.

He could prove a lot more useful next season when JMac likely retires.

We may see him covering kelce when they play KC

I remember how The Squirrel displaced Welker and everyone his first season

It's the NFL. Depth changes VERY rapidly. Remember how we thought our LBs were garbage not all that long ago? Look at the state of the OL compared to just one year ago.

Trey Flowers and James White played a combined 4 games as rookies. The draft is about making your team better going forward, not just for the following season.

Typical Belichick type player. He loves guys who love football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back