PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JIMMYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I have no preference when it comes to the JG situation. If he's traded we're gonna get something great in return. If he stays, awesome. I love the access and reporting we get these days and the start of free agency is extremely fun to follow.

Having said that, with all due respect to reporters and their "sources", there is one man who knows how this situation is gonna play out, and he does not tip his hand to anyone.

No QB in modern history has played at least 8 games as a starter at age 42. I get Brady believes he can be the first to extend the end life of a QB but based on history and odds it's likely in 2 years he will have diminished in some capacity to make it reasonable to have Jimmy G step in. So in 2 years it is statistically likely you need a new QB. If Jimmy G is gone, what are the odds of finding someone you believe is a top 10 QB? Ask 22 other teams how easy that is...

Brady is an outlier. I believe he will break that trend.

And right now there is no evidence and no reason to think JG is or will be a top 10 QB. They will have Brady's replacement soon, but I do not believe he is on the roster.

Personally, I am always dubious of the "my social media was hacked argument". People only want to believe it when they don't want the post to be true.

My guess is that Jimmy did post it. It could just be wishful thinking on his part in a drunken stupor (you gotta think he really wants to be traded rather than being a back up for another 1-2 years or more) or maybe he just jumped the gun on trade talks that are already going on.

The more I think of it though, there is no way Brady and Garoppolo are on this team in 2018. The only way Garoppolo stays as a back up is under the franchise tag which creates two problems: The Pats would have about 1/3 of the salary cap tied up with the QB position and Garoppolo as a back up would be making more than Brady as a starter.

I know people have this fantasy dream that Garoppolo will take a value deal of like $10 million or so a year for the next two years to sit and wait to take over for Brady. But Matt Glennon has already blown that out of the water and $14 million a year would be the starting point. But I would argue that Don Yee's position is that Garoppolo could get closer to $20 million a year if traded and could get $25 million on a franchise tag next year and would ask closer to $20 million a year for committing to be Brady's successor.

I am still under the belief that Garoppolo will be traded. But if he isn't and the Pats are committed to make him the QB of the future, we have to come to terms with the very real possibility that this is Brady's last year as a Patriot. I truly believe one of them will be playing somewhere else (or retired) in 2018.

why does schefter get so agitated when talking about jimmy???

I think Schefter, but he like most ESPN guys get so defensive when people question them. Sometimes, his cred goes to his head and feels no one should ever doubt one of his reports,

Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Jimmy got the news he was being traded to Cleveland, drank like there's no tomorrow to alleviate the pain and posted a dumb message on a social media.

If JG really did post that himself...he will be out the door very soon. IMO. That is not something this team will take well.

I think Schefter, but he like most ESPN guys get so defensive when people question them. Sometimes, his cred goes to his head and feels no one should ever doubt one of his reports,

I've never seen Schefter like this though. He's in a good mood/laughing then when the topic changes to Jimmy, he gets so upset. lol Part of me wants something to happen just to see Adams reaction!:D

Personally, I am always dubious of the "my social media was hacked argument". People only want to believe it when they don't want the post to be true.

My guess is that Jimmy did post it. It could just be wishful thinking on his part in a drunken stupor (you gotta think he really wants to be traded rather than being a back up for another 1-2 years or more) or maybe he just jumped the gun on trade talks that are already going on.

Me too. I remember when Revis claimed his accounts were hacked when he was talking trash to some Pats fans... I don't think anyone believes that now.

Post was finally deleted.

Post was finally deleted.

Took long enough. Probably because he's hung over. I buy into the theory that he was drunk and had received word from his agent that a deal was close.

I've never seen Schefter like this though. He's in a good mood/laughing then when the topic changes to Jimmy, he gets so upset. lol Part of me wants something to happen just to see Adams reaction!:D

Schefter rarely gets questioned on his reports though. And I have seen him get mad when he does.

This is a reply to that women on twitter two hours late with the news.

WTF, being in the UK what is it with these women on all these shows now. PMSL. Had for my sins ESPN on yesterday, about 10 around some table, and this woman kept do a Schefter and apparently getting told info on the fly on her phone. She then gets in a debate at some wall they generated and started talking about Blount but the info coming from her mouth was all about Latavias Murray, then on after there is another women debating **** on a show called the six or something with one other guy. I also had NFL network on a stream and there are women on there blagging it. I don't mind that they read the news, or chair the discussion, but I want ex-players, ex-coaches to be in such a vaunted position, not some women who probably knows her stuff but is on a level with me for example, maybe I should be on the show, wait, I ain't no women.

I dunno, its really sexist to think this way, but man I don't want women to be debating this ****, I go to a pub to get away from that. Is that hard to understand. maybe I am totally fricken wrong I'm a sexist pig, I cannot handle this crazy batshit idea that putting women in a debating circle like they know what they are talking about when you have ex-players, GMs etc debating that **** with them is a good idea.
@Big Bucks go home, you're drunk.

Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Jimmy got the news he was being traded to Cleveland, drank like there's no tomorrow to alleviate the pain and posted a dumb message on a social media.

Hilarious.

No QB in modern history has played at least 8 games as a starter at age 42. I get Brady believes he can be the first to extend the end life of a QB but based on history and odds it's likely in 2 years he will have diminished in some capacity to make it reasonable to have Jimmy G step in. So in 2 years it is statistically likely you need a new QB. If Jimmy G is gone, what are the odds of finding someone you believe is a top 10 QB? Ask 22 other teams how easy that is...

Until Super Bowl 50, no QB over 38 had ever won a Super Bowl. Now 2 have.

Yeah, that interview was a little weird. I've heard Schefter before and he was acting strange and VERY defensive, like Kirk was offending him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes