PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy GQ officially staying in SF per Schefter

I really hope the 49ers actually trade him so they can see what Lance can do. Them stumbling to the NFCCG last year was ridiculous as they were nowhere near as good as their 2019 team. It will be an interesting season for Shanahan as he's never had two consecutive winning seasons as a coordinator or HC.

Because he has a much stronger arm than Jones & knows the offense.

San Fran F’d up big time by not taking the Pats 2nd for him last year.
I do agree San Fran should've pulled the trigger if it was true the Pats were offering a 2nd to get him back.

But I can't wait to see the responses we get from your first sentence.

Jones had a promising rookie season though and he is on a rookie contract as well. Jimmy has been injury prone

I think Jimmy has a little more velocity and that's it. Their arms are pretty similar imo in terms of overall strength.

So what should SF expect to receive for Jimmy G?

He could be Jenny on the block's 6th ring. GQ has historically shown to have a preference for those with... experience.

Source?

He's been on the block this entire time, teams don't want to inherit that contract, or if they do don't want to pay a draft ransom for the pleasure of doing so.

Either he gets cut and the 49ers eat that money... or some team trades a late round pick for him. Only an idiot team does both. The Browns have space and Rosen is horrid, I'd make the one year rental if I were them. But they're famous for "dumb."

No guarantees that Jimmy will have the same arm strength after his recent shoulder surgery.

He's been on the block this entire time, teams don't want to inherit that contract, or if they do don't want to pay a draft ransom for the pleasure of doing so.

Either he gets cut and the 49ers eat that money... or some team trades a late round pick for him. Only an idiot team does both. The Browns have space and Rosen is horrid, I'd make the one year rental if I were them. But they're famous for "dumb."
It’s been a while since I analyzed his contract since we have Jones now, but I believe Jimmy’s contract is not guaranteed at this point so the 49ers can cut him and they don’t eat any money. But then they look stupid for cutting him without getting any compensation back at all when they were demanding a first round pick or more for him or else refusing to talk just last season.

All in all it’s actually pretty funny when you also consider that they were reportedly so high on Mac and supposedly traded up for him but then pivoted and talked themselves into Lance in the final week. It’s hard to know what truth there is to that but there was a ton of smoke surrounding it so it’s hard to think that there’s no truth there. I’m certainly very curious to see what Lance has got and how he compares to Mac, considering the ransom they paid to get him.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back