PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Leonhard to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jim Leonhard to Jets (?)

Leonhard is a pretty good player but he is severely undersized, even for a safety. 5'8 and 186 lbs. I don't think he would be a fit for a Pats system that emphasizes size in their players. Leonhard makes Meriweather who is maybe 200 lbs dripping wet look stout in comparison...

FOX Sports on MSN: Jim Leonhard, Safety, NFL

I really like Jim Leonhard, he's a return man too I believe. He reminds me of Welker, if Welker played defense.

I agree, Leonard as a Welker on defense is a nice comparison. Too small for the Pats next to Meriweather, but a quality player and a nice pick-up for the Jets. It will be so satisfying to still beat them this year in spite of all their acquisitions.

At least one team is trying to improve their defense this year...Can't wait for BB to bring in everyone else's junk (Taylor, Springs, Bodden, etc)...when the hell is this team going to make a good defensive move...or are we going to let the Jets have some fun?

Hey Rex, your a head coach now. That means you actually have to worry about the offense too.

Hey Rex, your a head coach now. That means you actually have to worry about the offense too.

========================================================

All the Jets need is a blocking TE/H Back and a #1 WR. Draft is deep with quality WRs, finding a jag blocking TE should not be hard, maybe pick up a vet WR and viola.

All the Jets need is a blocking TE/H Back and a #1 WR. Draft is deep with quality WRs, finding a jag blocking TE should not be hard, maybe pick up a vet WR and viola.

The draft is never deep with true #1 receivers, never mind immediate contributors.

So your happy with the QB poistion as it stands now?

So your happy with the QB poistion as it stands now?

Well I would be happier with Payton Manning, Tom Brady, but they are not available.

Jets have 3 QBs Kellen who is ready to go and brings some starting experience, Ratliff is suppose to be progressing well.

Who knows maybe we have a Cassel or TB on our bench, time will tell.

So no I am not happy with the QB situation, but I am OK with it.

Jets be running the ball next year, a ball control conservative O with a attacking D.

Well I would be happier with Payton Manning, Tom Brady, but they are not available.

Jets have 3 QBs Kellen who is ready to go and brings some starting experience, Ratliff is suppose to be progressing well.

Who knows maybe we have a Cassel or TB on our bench, time will tell.

So no I am not happy with the QB situation, but I am OK with it.

Jets be running the ball next year, a ball control conservative O with a attacking D.

As the saying goes If you have 3 QB's then you don't have any.

I'm sure that is the plan on D, however Rex will find out very early that Suggs, Lewis, Reed did not make the trip over to the medowlands. Don't get me wrong I expect a totally different mindset on D but I would be concerned that RexN'baum is not building a complete team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes