PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets/Steelers in Round One ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Riddler

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Help me out. I am still confused as to our seeding as of right now.

First of all, how in the world did Cincy blow that game? That did two things, it not only impacted our potential buy, it also gave the Jets life. That loss was horrible for us.

If we win out, are we getting a buy? I still haven't seen anything definate on this.

A 3-seed really screws us. Not only do we not get a week off, but our first round game at Gillette will have us matched up with Pitt or the Jets, please no !

lol. you scared of the Jets? bring 'em on. but we're never gonna win the Super Bowl without beating teams like the Steelers or the Ravens

of course, they would be nothing compared to the Packers...

how anyone wants the jets, is out of there gore... i think the jets miss the playoffs i think they lose 2 out of three..

I'm not afraid of the Jets. They are 1-5 vs. teams with winning records this year. Their only win against a team with a winning record was a gift by Tony Romo. Yes, the Jets beat on a bad Chiefs' team (who I admit I thought would have played far better on defense than they did), but this was their first good, dominant win in a long while and it was still against a bad team.

The only reason I am afraid to play the Jets is because beating any team three times in one year is really tough. Take that out of the equation and I think the Pats match up real well against them.

I am very concerned about this teams play off chances.

The D cannot shutdown Rex Grossman for god sake.

how anyone wants the jets, is out of there gore... i think the jets miss the playoffs i think they lose 2 out of three..

I agree they may lose two of their last three. All three teams left on their schedule are far tougher than their records indicate.

I agree they may lose two of their last three. All three teams left on their schedule are far tougher than their records indicate.

i see miami and the eagles beating them...

I am very concerned about this teams play off chances.

The D cannot shutdown Rex Grossman for god sake.

but they did enough to win. isnt that all that matters?

There are so many variables right now, but I watched a fair amount of the Jets game today out of the corner of my eye and they looked dominant running the ball. Still need to prove they can do that against good teams, though.

i think we need the ravens and steelers to lose one more game each which could happen next week... if we tie houston we get the number one seed

i see miami and the eagles beating them...

If the Giants win tonight, don't count out them either because they could win the NFC East.

I think the Eagles with Vick and Maclin back are definitely a dangerous team for the Jets. jim Leonhard is out for the season according to sources and he would be used as a spy a lot in that game.

The Dolphins' defense is finally playing well and if Moore was playing like he is now in the first Jets/Dolphins match up, the Dolphins might have won that game.

but they did enough to win. isnt that all that matters?

Not really,they lucked out with a tipped ball into the hands of a LB in the perfect spot,had Mayo missed it they certainly would have put the game into OT where a coin toss and whoever got the ball first would likely have won the game.

Luck,not the defense saved the day.

The Jets may make the playoffs, but I don't see them playing the Pats again until next year! At best they are the 6th seed. If they happen to beat the Texans, who they would most likely play, they have a 50/50 chance to win, and they will have to to beat the Ravens or Steelers.

Not worried and you know why? By the time we get to play these teams, we will continue to have huge breaks. That is how the season is shaping up after the Giants game and I don't think it will stop

Not worried and you know why? By the time we get to play these teams, we will continue to have huge breaks. That is how the season is shaping up after the Giants game and I don't think it will stop

What do you mean by getting breaks?

What do you mean by getting breaks?

I'm guessing it's because they faced....
Indy-No Manning
Was- No starting TE, LT and RT injured in warm ups
Future Miami- Matt Moore injured and replaced by Losman

(don't shoot the messenger)

I'm worried that the Pats can finish 13-3 and still get a #3 seed. I believe I heard they lose the tiebreaker to Houston. Houston has an easier schedule than the Pats. I'm not sure how they keep winning. It's horrible the Bengals blew that game today. If Pats tie with Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh wins the tiebreaker. Not sure what happens if Pats tie Baltimore. If Houston continues to win, the best chance for either bye is to win out and both the Ravens and Pittsburgh lose next weekend. Ravens play SD and Pittsburgh pays 49ners. Rest of the schedule for Steelers and Ravens is easy.

Each week continues to show why you can't count on the Bengals or other imposters for anything, and why the Jets will probably end up back in the playoffs.

1 z - Houston 10 3 0 .769 4-0-0 8-2-0 .470 .400 AFC South Champ
Wins tie break over New England and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games.
2 Baltimore 10 3 0 .769 4-0-0 7-2-0 .497 .520 AFC North Champ (Wins tie break over Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage.)
Wins tie break over New England based on strength of victory.
3 New England 10 3 0 .769 3-1-0 7-2-0 .451 .417 AFC East Champ
4 Denver 7 5 0 .583 3-2-0 6-3-0 .510 .427 AFC West Champ (Wins tie break over Oakland based on best win percentage in division games.)
5 Pittsburgh 10 3 0 .769 3-2-0 8-3-0 .503 .422
6 NY Jets 8 5 0 .615 3-2-0 6-5-0 .509 .390
7 Oakland 7 5 0 .583 2-2-0 5-5-0 .490 .489
8 Cincinnati 7 6 0 .538 2-3-0 6-5-0 .521 .326 Wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage.
9 Tennessee 7 6 0 .538 1-2-0 5-4-0 .497 .382

From ESPN

1 z - Houston 10 3 0 .769 4-0-0 8-2-0 .470 .400 AFC South Champ
Wins tie break over New England and Baltimore based on best win percentage in conference games.
2 Baltimore 10 3 0 .769 4-0-0 7-2-0 .497 .520 AFC North Champ (Wins tie break over Pittsburgh based on head-to-head win percentage.)
Wins tie break over New England based on strength of victory.
3 New England 10 3 0 .769 3-1-0 7-2-0 .451 .417 AFC East Champ
4 Denver 7 5 0 .583 3-2-0 6-3-0 .510 .427 AFC West Champ (Wins tie break over Oakland based on best win percentage in division games.)
5 Pittsburgh 10 3 0 .769 3-2-0 8-3-0 .503 .422
6 NY Jets 8 5 0 .615 3-2-0 6-5-0 .509 .390
7 Oakland 7 5 0 .583 2-2-0 5-5-0 .490 .489
8 Cincinnati 7 6 0 .538 2-3-0 6-5-0 .521 .326 Wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage.
9 Tennessee 7 6 0 .538 1-2-0 5-4-0 .497 .382

From ESPN

Shi& !! As I suspected, we lose the tie-breakers with Houston and Baltimore and will have to rely on us not only winning out, but Baltimore losing one of their next 3 games and based on their schedule, that will be a stretch. The only team I can see them having a tough time with will be a revived SD team in SD. Other than that, 2 layups for them.

Looking more and more like the 3-seed and yup you guessed it. Another trip by Fat Rex and a pissed off Jets team taking the field at Gillette (3 v 6). The last thing I wanted to see. Cincinatti, thanks for nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand