PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

jets fullback calls out porter

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffman

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Jets FB Darian Barnes called out Joey Porter on Thursday, saying the Dolphins' outside linebacker "hasn't hit anybody in eight years."
"Joey Porter is a (bleep)," Barnes said Thursday. A photographer approached Barnes to tell him he had a good shot of him and Porter trash talking at the 50-yard line in last week's game. Barnes requested a copy to write "(Bleep) you" on it. "I'm as serious as a heart attack," he told the photographer.

Jets FB Darian Barnes called out Joey Porter on Thursday, saying the Dolphins' outside linebacker "hasn't hit anybody in eight years."
"Joey Porter is a (bleep)," Barnes said Thursday. A photographer approached Barnes to tell him he had a good shot of him and Porter trash talking at the 50-yard line in last week's game. Barnes requested a copy to write "(Bleep) you" on it. "I'm as serious as a heart attack," he told the photographer.

:eek: Doesn't he know about Joey's posse? :p

Funny how he calls him out "AFTER" they played and won.

Last edited:
I can't believe Eric Mangini allows this kind of conduct

Funny how he calls him out "AFTER" they played and won.
Well, I can remember certain Patriots players calling out the opposition after the Super Bowl - Rodney Harrison mocking Freddy Mitchell comes to mind. But to do it during the season, especially when they are in the same division and have to play them again, can't please Mangini if he learned anything from Belichick.

Who the f+ck is Darian Barnes to be calling people out?

Who the f+ck is Darian Barnes to be calling people out?

Well, it looks like he was called out first and was only responding. :)

[Porter] was also infamously ejected from a game during warm-ups for starting a fight with Browns running back William Green.

That last incident must have resonated with the underperforming Phin because he tried to do the same thing before last Sunday's game with the Jets. He approached fullback Darian Barnes at midfield and asked him if he was trying to "make a name for himself." The Jet was a bigger man than Green and turned the other cheek but shared his feelings about Porter with reporters.

"Joey Porter is a [bleep]," Barnes recounted yesterday. "He's been trash talking for years. What was he trying to prove coming up to me at the 50 yard line (before the game) like it was some sort of showdown? I'm not worried about Joey Porter. He hasn't hit anybody in eight years."

Two losers on teams with no chance of going anywhere yapping at one another. How fitting.

Two losers on teams with no chance of going anywhere yapping at one another. How fitting.

===================================

There is always a chance, we are not even into week 4.

A slim chance maybe, but still a chance.

Good for Barnes. Joey "9-tackes, no sacks" Porter needs to be reminded what a hasbeen he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes