PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans are funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the jets fans are funny.

Maybe you could just pretend that New England went 16-0 last season and that it's only March which gives the team some time to solve any problems, perceived or real?
This has nothing to do with me making season prediction for the Pats its just me wondering how people can say losing Samuel is no big deal when solid to good corners are low on availability right now, and others who feel that b/c of Milloy, Law, Branch and McGinest that Samuel will turn into a JAG

Last edited:

I would agree with everything you were saying if there was an apparent option the Pats could turn to for another dependable CB but where are they going to turn at this point for a corner? Maybe Lito Sheppard (who is Samuel with injury issues IMO)? Rodgers-Cromartie rd 1 ( I think he will be great but he still is a rookie)? Plz no one say Ty Law, he is a below average CB at this point in his career.

So the Patriots not overpaying for Samuel is a problem for you?

Explain the statement Sheppard "is Samuel with injury issues," if you don't mind. Sheppard is a good man cornerback, Samuel is best in zone coverage.

"Unless you guys are going corner rd 1 which I doubt, your going to have a JAG FA CB..." What about a corner in round two? Maybe even round four?

The ability of a cornerback to serve as the cornerstone of a defense is not the same as it was just six years ago; the rules have been perverted to give the offense a huge advantage. The Patriots in '04 overcame near crippling injuries to cornerbacks with exceptional safety play and a very strong front seven. Look for the '08 Patriots to play with the same hand.

This has nothing to do with me making season prediction for the Pats its just me wondering how people can say losing Samuel is no big deal when solid to good corners are low on availability right now, and others who feel that b/c of Milloy, Law, Branch and McGinest that Samuel will turn into a JAG

Because every team has a sh!tty secondary now. (I can think of maybe one or two teams that can say they don't have secondary problems) And the rules make it so that the value of what was once a key position is now heavily disadvantaged.

Last edited:

I thought Hobbs was the team's best cover corner last season, not Samuel. Samuel isn't a JAG, but he's nothing that can't be compensated for in this defense if the developing players step up. Frankly, Meriweather getting more time at safety is probably more important to the defensive backfield than Samuel coming back would have been because of the way the team likes to use Harrison and Sanders. The return of a Ty Law, or bringing in some other veteran corner, isn't optimal, but it would ease the transition, and I expect the team to draft at least 2 cornerbacks in the first 4 rounds.

Furthermore, if you have any question as to why Samuel has fallen out of favor, go catch the last 6 games of the year and focus on him. I'm guessing that you'll start to agree by the first Giants game at the latest.

You're telling me your not going to miss him at all? That as of right now you don't have a void in your secondary? Good CBs don't grow on trees.

Some people just don't get it. Samuel was a solid CB, not a great one, especially not a franchise-changing one. Playing in the NFC East next year, he's bound to get burned many times by taller and faster receivers than you'll find in the AFC East with a mediocre team around him.

Because every team has a sh!tty secondary now. (I can think of maybe one or two teams that can say they don't have secondary problems) And the rules make it so that the value of what was once a key position is now heavily disadvantaged.
So the Patriots not overpaying for Samuel is a problem for you?

Explain the statement Sheppard "is Samuel with injury issues," if you don't mind. Sheppard is a good man cornerback, Samuel is best in zone coverage.

"Unless you guys are going corner rd 1 which I doubt, your going to have a JAG FA CB..." What about a corner in round two? Maybe even round four?

The ability of a cornerback to serve as the cornerstone of a defense is not the same as it was just six years ago; the rules have been perverted to give the offense a huge advantage. The Patriots in '04 overcame near crippling injuries to cornerbacks with exceptional safety play and a very strong front seven. Look for the '08 Patriots to play with the same hand.

I think Sheppard is in the class of not elite but good corners w/ Samuel as alluded to before bt he always is dinged up with these minor or more serious injuries.

There is nothing wrong with a corner in rd 2 or 4, but its not reasonable to expect that guy to step in day one and be a solid contributor. Maybe you guys use Meriweather at that spot, who knows? My only point was that losing Samuel and possibly replacing him with a Jason Webster, or corner in rd 2 or 4 is a pretty big downgrade. Thats all it meant, I still think you guys are going 12-4 and winning the AFC East. I was not trying to overplay the loss of Samuel just saying you lost a damn good ball player. I dont doubt the ability of a master mind defensive guy like Belichick to disguise a less then stellar secondary.

Last edited:

"You're telling me your not going to miss him at all? That as of right now you don't have a void in your secondary? Good CBs don't grow on trees."

If anyone should know that, it's you; take a look in the mirror at the two stiffs you've got in Buffalo.

Thanks a million for signing up here, you are one amusing ballbag, you really are, a true tool to the max. Guys like you kill me; sign up on another fan forum for no other reason that to be a totally annoying ballbreaker.

You bring absolutely, positively NOTHING to any discussion you join; keep up the mediocre work.

Is that you on YouTube; you know, the ****** drunken Bills fan? I'm betting the house it is................

Hey, as long as this guy is healthy and under center i'll always have faith....:rocker:

tombrady.jpg

I think Sheppard is in the class of not elite but good corners w/ Samuel as alluded to before bt he always is dinged up with these minor or more serious injuries.

There is nothing wrong with a corner in rd 2 or 4, but its not reasonable to expect that guy to step in day one and be a solid contributor. Maybe you guys use Meriweather at that spot, who knows? My only point was that losing Samuel and possibly replacing him with a Jason Webster, or corner in rd 2 or 4 is a pretty big downgrade. Thats all it meant, I still think you guys are going 12-4 and winning the AFC East. I was not trying to overplay the loss of Samuel just saying you lost a damn good ball player. I dont doubt the ability of a master mind defensive guy like Belichick to disguise a less then stellar secondary.

Then I, for one, am in agreement with you (mostly). Whoever steps in for Samuel next year will most likely be a downgrade to a certain extent (unless we make a big move or R-Cromartie busts out). But I just don't think it will be as huge a downgrade as people who don't watch the Pats as much believe it will, and I definitely don't think it will have a sizable impact on the Pats overall.

"You're telling me your not going to miss him at all? That as of right now you don't have a void in your secondary? Good CBs don't grow on trees."

If anyone should know that, it's you; take a look in the mirror at the two stiffs you've got in Buffalo.

Thanks a million for signing up here, you are one amusing ballbag, you really are, a true tool to the max. Guys like you kill me; sign up on another fan forum for no other reason that to be a totally annoying ballbreaker.

You bring absolutely, positively NOTHING to any discussion you join; keep up the mediocre work.

Is that you on YouTube; you know, the ****** drunken Bills fan? I'm betting the house it is................
That was uncalled for... you just made my list!
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=833107#post833107

thats great:rofl:

even though your a bills fan, and im most certainly NOT, i was about to stick up for ya. im not sure what in your post ticked off that guy so much. maybe he has a big test in school tomorrow, and he's stressed out.:D

anyway, i think we all agree that assante was a good corner, who we wish would be on the roster this year, but at a cheaper price. he's gone, we'll move on. i dont know that lito would be an affordable option. b.b. will find a way:rocker:

I'm not one to defend any NY fan, but he was actually making a good point about our CB situation: losing Samuel is a downgrade for the '08 season since it is most likely that we'll not be able to get a top tier (as Waldo put it) CB (e.g. Lito) since it would take a ransom probably! Who do we have to replace him? A top rookie CB probably or a Webster...definitely a downgrade.
The only disagreement i have with the NYorker is the belief Samuel is a shutdown / JAG of a CB. No way. But Samuel is a good CB who was overpayed - a 'zone' CB sitting on routes / not that physical / average+ speed...& missed the clinching SB INT. We should of not payed what the Eagles payed, but this year will be tough to replace him. However, like most people here said, it comes down to a pass rush to make your secondary look good! That's going to make or break our pass defense this year since you can 'maintain' with solid hitting/ 'smart' / good speed CBs who get Coach B's system.

FYI: Jets board won't even let me post as a new user! There are some idiots over there but there are some who tell the idiots to "calm down..a division title is not won in March!" ...so there are actually some level headed fans in J E T S sucksucksuck land.

Savio, my post was not directed towards Mangenious, but Dropkickdouchebag......

"even though your a bills fan, and im most certainly NOT, i was about to stick up for ya. im not sure what in your post ticked off that guy so much. maybe he has a big test in school tomorrow, and he's stressed out.:D"

"your" a bills fan? Should be "you're"........."im", should be I'm........"i", should be I, "ya", should be "you"......."im", should be "I'm"................was high school the best ten years of your life sh!thead? Oh wait, you're from Nashville, aka, a sh!tkicker, so never mind.......................

Savio, my post was not directed towards Mangenious, but Dropkickdouchebag......
Buffalo is in NY, Poindexter... so I am a "NY fan".

"even though your a bills fan, and im most certainly NOT, i was about to stick up for ya. im not sure what in your post ticked off that guy so much. maybe he has a big test in school tomorrow, and he's stressed out.:D"

"your" a bills fan? Should be "you're"........."im", should be I'm........"i", should be I, "ya", should be "you"......."im", should be "I'm"................was high school the best ten years of your life sh!thead? Oh wait, you're from Nashville, aka, a sh!tkicker, so never mind.......................
You clearly misused "aka" in this post, and 4 commas in one sentence is very bad grammar. But I'm sure you already knew that.:)

its always easy to find the a-holes on this board. just mispell SUMPTIN and they come a *****in:D

mr double g, im not sure what exactly your so pissed off about, but chill out. all your gonna do is get yourself banned. just relax, and stop attacking everyone. and yes, im aware of my grammar, and punctuation, and i really dont care. its a football board.

All the fighting aside, i'm really scared of the Jets this year. I mean look who they have under center....:(

alg_jets-pennington.jpg

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes