PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFGatorPat

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Wanted to share this from another forum, I have no idea how he went undrafted despite concerns about his off the field history. Has as many natural skills (at a different position of course) as someone like Antonio Callaway who has a confirmed history of drugs and possibly much worse. That said, JC has a lot to refine in terms of tackling and being physical without penalties from the tape I was watching.

take it for what it’s worth of course.

This is his lawyer’s response to another post:
“I sent a registered letter to Mac’s (Head Coach Jim McElwain) house saying JC wanted to come back [to UF] when he was acquitted. No response. You are right about drugs and wrong people. He never did “hard drugs” but like a large percentage of UF players at the time (I hope not now) weed was involved. Without saying names (and this doesn’t come from JC but my own knowledge) there was at least one kid selling weed to other players on the team at that time. There was total lack of control.

As far as hanging out with wrong people went, that was JC’s big problem and what led to our trial. His association led to him being charged and we went to trial because an ambitious Gator hating ASA wanted a Gator Head on his wall (this jerkoff was an ND Grad who admittedly hated the Gators). After we beat his ass he was fired from his job.

Nevertheless I told JC after that his choice of hanging out with a bunch of idiots and local thugs almost cost him his life, let alone football. The whole thing nearly broke Chris and Lisa’s (his parents) hearts.

When he transferred to Maryland he got his own place and only went to class, worked out and played ball. He mailed me a Maryland warmup jacket. I was honored but can wear nothing but orange and blue.”

I think he could be a PS guy while refining his craft, but nothing would surprise me with his physical skills. Seems like we are log jammed at Corner and Special teams for him to make an active roster this year.

I do like his talent. Hopefully he can spend time on the PS this year as you said.

It sucks to lose a guy like Butler, but I’m pretty enthusiastic about their CB group and the potential of the young guys. Gilmore, Rowe, McCourty and Jon Jones at the top should be good, and then you’ve still got Cyrus and new pick Duke Dawson who realistically are good enough to start on some teams, plus guys like Ryan Lewis, JC and others waiting in the wings. With how solid the safeties behind them are, I have no reason to think CB will be an issue this season. I’m also interested in how losing Patricia and transitioning to the combo of BB & Flores will affect the defensive play calling and scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes