PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason McCourty released by Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lot of talk about trading for him last year. Definitely a possibility if he doesn't want to break the bank.

I thought he was still playing well? Huh, interesting.

How does he do in man coverage? I know Tennessee had played a lot of zone before where he starred (similar to his brother in that regard).

Seems unexpected. But I am not up-to-speed w everything Titans. Curious was it money, production, both ?

Seems unexpected. But I am not up-to-speed w everything Titans. Curious was it money, production, both ?
I believe he wasn't as playing as well as he did before he got the extension. He might not be that great anymore.

He's still performing. Believe it was contract. Would love to have him.

He's gonna be 30 in August, and has played 18 games in the last two years. Why not look at him?

Or to displace Chung in the process?

Manxman reviewed film at the end of last year and noticed they played a majority (obviously not all) of their defensive snaps in a 5-2-5 set. During those times, Chung was a safety but essentially played linebacker; the additional secondary role rotated between an additional free safety (Harmon) or a 3rd corner (Ryan on the inside with Rowe on the outside).

Point is that if the Pats continue to play this defense, and if they think he could play safety, it pretty much has zero impact on Chung. Chung would be impacted if, say, the Pats drafted Jabrill Peppers.

I doubt we sign him before reaching a resolution with Butler and, in a lesser extent, I don't think we would keep Butler AND Jason, since we already pay good money to our Corners in general.

That being said, I would love him here. He has different skill sets than Gilmore and Rowe, which means we would have even more flexibility and another good corner. This is far from being guaranteed, though. Jason is by far the best player without a contract now and i bet a good number of teams would love to add him

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST